• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Legacy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    I agree with the other comments about these two classes - this was a great weekend of training and I feel that I learned a ton. It was great being able to learn things like shooting on the move, shooting from different positions and using cover that I don't have an opportunity to do where I normally shoot. John and Coach gave great feedback as we worked through the drills so you always knew what to focus more on the next time. Overall, these classes were a lot of fun.

nowuckers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Great and worthwhile courses - there was a lot of material presented during the two days, but John and Aron's style of humorous but clear and well-defined instructions helped greatly in making the lessons easily accessible. Questions were welcomed and answered as best as they could, and there was a good balance of individual constructive assessments and praises for things done well.

The biggest difference I found with ACT's courses compared with others is the fact that ACT lives by the "Adaptive" part of its name: although there were some basics that had to be followed, students were allowed to work with and improve their own styles, rather than being taught "my way or the highway" style. The corrections and admonishments were also communicated in a user-friendly way, which is probably quite appropriate for a civilian course, although I wouldn't have minded a Gunnery Sergeant Hartman screaming at my head in a couple of instances (no NDs though, I would have flayed myself on the spot if that had happened)!

The quality of the course can best be gauged by the fact that all of the students at the end of the weekend had nothing but positive comments for John, Aron and the material presented. In summary I would definitely recommend the DP courses, and I think it's best if the 101 and 201 are taken over one weekend - they segue quite well.

If I have to have a gripe, I would say (and this is not related to the courses or ACT) that I wish there were more facilities/ranges around Indianapolis that allow draws and movement while firing, so that people can practice defensive maneuvers.

So thanks John and Aron, I look forward to more courses from ACT (and more often, AND closer to Indy, AND with gourmet hotdogs!)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    The gourmet hotdogs are not to be missed
    They are great classes presented in an way that makes them easy grasp.
    I will be retaking them,with family members , in the future

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Hey coach, I told you they liked the hot dog lunch. hehe.

Seriously, Thank you all for the kind words. I am particularly pleased that the adaptive nature of our training is evident. We are all different and do things differently. As long as it is efficient and effective, we are all for it. Great group in Warsaw and coach and i will return. i'll bring the grill next time.

Top Bottom