• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Worked a few drills Saturday...I still know it...:D. This time I got to use the back up (yes, repeat back up) gun. I add a new 40 M&Pc to the mix. My M&P 40 family is complete...Pappa Pro, Mama Regular, and baby compact. They are an awesome family

Nicely done, sir. Do you have a good carry system working?

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Worked a few drills Saturday...I still know it...:D.

There it is. Don't spend money on training you should be spending in practice. I'm one of the biggest fans and proponents of good training you'll find. But, training is where you go to learn how to practice. It is an inefficient use of resources to use training classes for practice. You get half the trigger time at 3x the cost.

I've always figured that for every hour you spend in a training class, you should spend 100x or 1000x that much time (or whatever arbitrary figure that represents a whole lot more) mastering the skills outside of class. Go back to training for clarification, go back for verification, go back to get to the next level, but don't go back because you didn't put in the work. Just put in the work. :-)

None of this is directed at you specifically. It was just that your post, coupled with a couple questions that were asked at the most recent training class I attended, spurred the thought along in my head.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    There it is. Don't spend money on training you should be spending in practice. I'm one of the biggest fans and proponents of good training you'll find. But, training is where you go to learn how to practice. It is an inefficient use of resources to use training classes for practice. You get half the trigger time at 3x the cost.

I've always figured that for every hour you spend in a training class, you should spend 100x or 1000x that much time (or whatever arbitrary figure that represents a whole lot more) mastering the skills outside of class. Go back to training for clarification, go back for verification, go back to get to the next level, but don't go back because you didn't put in the work. Just put in the work. :-)

None of this is directed at you specifically. It was just that your post, coupled with a couple questions that were asked at the most recent training class I attended, spurred the thought along in my head.

It is hard to find time to practice right now, let alone shoot matches (work thing and finding time to reload). Training is generally where I get my practice.

I completely understand and I am bad about not practicing.

Rhino, right now I'm carrying a mag where I normally do and a mag at 6:00 (to be reached with either hand) with grip extension for the compact. I'm thinking this maybe bad if I go to the full mag with grip extension with the big gun, I'm going to have an Oh Pooh moment. Perhaps starting with that mag and only carrying full size mags would be the thought here....Comments...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Why not carry a full size mag for the compact gun as well?

The benefits of having THAT particular compact is the ability to share mags for your full size primary gun.

I carry a G19, and have a G26 for a BUG. My plan is to carry just G19 mags. That way I don't have to think. I just grab a mag, and it's ready for whichever gun I happen to have in my hand at the time.

(FYI, I haven't found a good way to start carrying both guns yet)

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Why not carry a full size mag for the compact gun as well?

The benefits of having THAT particular compact is the ability to share mags for your full size primary gun.

I carry a G19, and have a G26 for a BUG. My plan is to carry just G19 mags. That way I don't have to think. I just grab a mag, and it's ready for whichever gun I happen to have in my hand at the time.

(FYI, I haven't found a good way to start carrying both guns yet)

I was leaning towards that. Just waiting on more comments from the peanut gallery.

Top Bottom