Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

---------------------------------------------------------

EVENT: DR201 – Defensive Rifle 201
    DATE:26 September 2009
    INSTRUCTOR: Joseph Viray, assisted by ACT staff
    TUITION: $95 plus $10 range fee
    PREREQUISITES: DR101 or equivalent with instructor approval
    DESCRIPTION:

Defensive Rifle 201 will build upon and extend the concepts and techniques presented in DR101. Students should be able to properly and efficiently execute the skills learned in DR101 in order to participate in this class. Topics will include multiple target engagement, more extensive movement including shooting while moving, shooting from cover, alternate positions, shooting at extreme close quarters, transitions from strong side to support side, transitions to and from sidearms, etc. Equipment list and other details will follow.

For more information or to register, please contact us via email at:

John@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

Or visit our web site at: www.AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The Rifle Class is cancelled as far as being a full fledged class. However we had two folks already signed up, and we are going to accomodate them in a private instruction setting on the 26th if the Rhino is up to snuff (99% sure it will happen) and I am going to assist. We can do four as easily as two, and so if someone is looking to do this training we can do it on the 26th at Greencastle.

I am unavailable to assist all day long because I have an Instructional league that afternoon, but we can be finished in time since it is not a larger class. Sorry for the confusion, and we are not as confused as it may seem on the surface. The step to the head has slowed the big fella a bit, and we always like to have two instructors in a class anyway. John's work schedule changed and he was unavailable to help with the class as first planned. So have had to adjust things a bit.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Any idea if this would be offered again in the near future? Wouldn't be able to take it on the 26, Sept. And what would be a list of equipment/ammo requirements?

ACT II

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Indiana
    As Coach mentioned, a scheduled class of either DR101 or DR201 before 2010 is unlikely, but doing it individually or in a small group is going to be much easier to arrange, and probably more beneficial to the student.

Here is the gear list for DR101, which is about the same for DR201. The part about the rifle being reliable is something I intend to stress a little more. A few malfunctions here and there are not a good thing, but they're not a deal breaker in an instructional setting. When it becomes malfunction more often than function, then it's a problem and we've had it with more than one type of weapon.

ACT Defensive Rifle Class Equipment List

REQUIRED ITEMS:

· Eye protection
    · Hearing protection (suitable for use with rifle)
    · Rifle – must function reliably; self-loader strongly recommended such as AR-15-type, AK-type
    · Lubricant suitable for rifle (FP-10, CLP, Slip-2000, etc.)
    · Magazines – Five (5) minimum; more is better
    · Magazine carrier on body (for at least one or two spare mags)
    · Sling – either a “tactical” sling or a simple carry strap
    · Ammunition – 500 rounds

RECOMMENDED ITEMS:

· Clothing appropriate for season, including hat with brim and rain gear
    · Comfort items (sunscreen, insect repellant, over the counter pain reliever, etc.)
    · Shooting mat, knee pads, elbow pads, gloves
    · Cleaning kit
    · Snacks and beverages (water will be provided)

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Good deal.

I have a good idea where you are with respect to handgun skills, but where are you with your rifle? The more I know, the better I can address your needs.

Joseph Viray (aka rhino)
    [EMAIL="Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com"]Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com[/EMAIL]
    Well, I'm not a neophyte, I took an Appleseed and I hunt and can take down a deer...but Defensive Rifle is a different matter, and I have done no work with my AR as far as that is concerned, but I think I've got good equipment and have plenty of mags. The price and availablity of ammo has held me off from practicing much. I'm looking at going into the Army Reserves in Jan/Feb. don't know if it matters, but I wanted to get some workout on the AR...

ACT II

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, I'm not a neophyte, I took an Appleseed and I hunt and can take down a deer...but Defensive Rifle is a different matter, and I have done no work with my AR as far as that is concerned, but I think I've got good equipment and have plenty of mags. The price and availablity of ammo has held me off from practicing much. I'm looking at going into the Army Reserves in Jan/Feb. don't know if it matters, but I wanted to get some workout on the AR...

Hey, DrF:

Send email and we can discuss this further. We probably won't do a DR101 for the rest of this year (unless there is significant demand for it), but we could do the equivalent privately or with a small group.

Joseph Viray (aka rhino)

Top Bottom