• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    when I first heard about this class, I wondered why it seemed that all of the participants are people who keep coming back year after year, and why so many of the people I consider to be some of the best trained, most proficient shooters here are always in it. Then I conned John into letting me in, and now I get it. Ask ANYONE who has attended this class about the value of this material. If you haven't done a one-handed class like this, you are not as prepared as you think you are. This class would have stayed on my annual calendar forever if I'd stayed in the area. So would John's low-light gig. You owe it to yourself and those you love to attend this class.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    when I first heard about this class, I wondered why it seemed that all of the participants are people who keep coming back year after year, and why so many of the people I consider to be some of the best trained, most proficient shooters here are always in it. Then I conned John into letting me in, and now I get it. Ask ANYONE who has attended this class about the value of this material. If you haven't done a one-handed class like this, you are not as prepared as you think you are. This class would have stayed on my annual calendar forever if I'd stayed in the area. So would John's low-light gig. You owe it to yourself and those you love to attend this class.

What he said.

Only I stil am in the area and planning on attending.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

+1. Took this class about a year and a half ago. Good stuff. The value of a second gun, particularly on the reaction side, is significant. When the time comes, the use of both hands may not be possible - for many reasons - hence the need for one handed skills.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    +1. Took this class about a year and a half ago. Good stuff. The value of a second gun, particularly on the reaction side, is significant. When the time comes, the use of both hands may not be possible - for many reasons - hence the need for one handed skills.

I either have or had a pretty good video of cosermann vs. Jackson, slow motion, mano a mano. It was, to me, an interesting study in 1 gun vs. 2 guns. I always make excuses not to bring a second gun, but in this video it's PAINFULLY obvious which is faster. Jackson, as many of you know, is pretty proficient with a pistol. In this test, though, he's still dicking around with trying to do the wrong-handed draw when cosermann is out, on target, and squeezing off a round. Just one more thing about good training -- you can test some of the things you THINK will work.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I either have or had a pretty good video of cosermann vs. Jackson, slow motion, mano a mano. It was, to me, an interesting study in 1 gun vs. 2 guns. I always make excuses not to bring a second gun, but in this video it's PAINFULLY obvious which is faster. Jackson, as many of you know, is pretty proficient with a pistol. In this test, though, he's still dicking around with trying to do the wrong-handed draw when cosermann is out, on target, and squeezing off a round. Just one more thing about good training -- you can test some of the things you THINK will work.

My off-hand draw works. Its just slow. :-)

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    He does a good job on the malfunction but butchers the dance.

I need the rhino to help me with the coreography. On a serious note, this is a good class and something most don't practice. If you don't have a good method for reloading and clearing malfunctions with one hand, you should check this class out.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think most of the people on INGO have a ton of practice TYPING one-handed, but we all need more practice running a gun that way. Er... a firearm.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    This is a great class! I believe I was in the first offering of it. Rhino does a great job with this material. I would be signed up already but Rhino has gotten my work schedule figured out and only schedules classes on weekends I have to work.
    If you are fat like me and its too uncomfortable to junk carry. you will leave this class knowing that you need to carry two guns.

Top Bottom