• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    After March...I am already signed up for IP101 again and DP101...plus the wife is signed up for BP100. I don't think I can afford to send you guys any more money before then.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    After March...I am already signed up for IP101 again and DP101...plus the wife is signed up for BP100. I don't think I can afford to send you guys any more money before then.

Okay!

If it's after the spring, I'll probably wait until fall to do it again because of the heat.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im up for when ever!! I couldn't do the last one offered, but Im hoping the next one is good for me. Just let me know when!

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I haven't yet tested the black rifle waters, but I would be interested in taking this class in 2011...if I can fit it in with my work schedule.

I figure it would be a good way for me to learn about the AR-15, talk to other class participants and look at their sticks, pros and cons of each one, and perhaps shoot some rounds thru a few.

I hate to go spend good money on a rifle only to hate the damn thing when I get it and have buyer's remorse.

If we don't have our own rifle, is it possible to borrow someone's rifle as long as I pony up the ammo? Hell, I'll even buy someone's lunch or dinner for the use of one.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I haven't yet tested the black rifle waters, but I would be interested in taking this class in 2011...if I can fit it in with my work schedule.

I figure it would be a good way for me to learn about the AR-15, talk to other class participants and look at their sticks, pros and cons of each one, and perhaps shoot some rounds thru a few.

I hate to go spend good money on a rifle only to hate the damn thing when I get it and have buyer's remorse.

If we don't have our own rifle, is it possible to borrow someone's rifle as long as I pony up the ammo? Hell, I'll even buy someone's lunch or dinner for the use of one.

Yes mostly likely this could be done. Rhino will have some legit questions first. But I will vouch for you on them. My AR-15 will not be the one to borrow. (real men shoot iron sights)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If Coach vouches for you, I'll be hiding. But I suspect we'd be able to find a loaner for you too.

One of the good thing about ARs is that very few modifications are not reversible. Modularity if a good thing.

I would start as simple as possible. A flat top M4-style with a sling and a white light attached to it and you're good. Maybe add a red dot, especially if your vision is not great.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Coach is vouching for me...maybe he needs his vision checked! :):

Well, I'm a good listener and if you tell me not to do something, I'm not going to do it. If you tell me how to do something, I'll try my best to remember but may take some correction and practice to make it stick. A perfect example is Coach telling me to keep the front site crisp in my vision...me not doing it...and then Coach yelling "Front Site". Amazing how a grouping improves when you actually do what the instructor tells you to do.

From the class description, it looks like the morning would be a classroom phase where I could learn more about the AR-15 in 4 hours than I would reading forums/reviews for 4 weeks. Plus, the hands on aspect appeals to me.

My guess is plenty of guys go out and drop easily a $1,000+ on a stick and never have handled one. I'm just trying to find a cost effective route to go and try a rifle out and see what works for me before buying. I also like the "buy once, cry once" method.

If a loaner is available, perhaps an additional "rental fee" would be warranted and I'm fine with that.

When you post the class date(s), I'll do my best to fit it into my schedule.

Appreciate your time.

Top Bottom