6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    What: Emergency Medical and Trauma
    When: 1JUN13 0900 -1600
    Where: Profire Armament and Supply
    Instructor: John Viray and ACT staff
    Cost: $125

For registration form or questions email john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

This class will explore common medical emergencies including trauma. We will discuss what YOU can do before EMS arrives or even if there is no EMS available. What you need in your first aid kit, blow out kit or in your pockets. The use of readily available materials and field expedient plus a discussion of CPR/AED use. (We will not do the entire certification class only a brief discussion of CPR/AED. That is available, but not part of this class). In addition, primary and secondary surveys and what NOT to do will be thoroughly explored. In particular we will learn to use pressure dressings like the IBD and Tourniquets.

Participants are welcome to bring their FAK and BOK for discussion.

ACT would like to thank in advance fellow advertiser and friend of ACT, Profire, for hosting this class.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    By request:

The lead instructor for this class is John Viray (obijohn). Here is a summary of his emergency medical background:

• American Heart Association (AHA) - Certified Instructor, Basic Life Support (BLS) for health professionals
    • Military training - Ft Sam Houston plus field training to more than combat lifesaver, but less than combat medic; Field experience providing emergency medical treatment with team
    • Boy Scouts of America - Instructor and caregiver
    • Instructor and lead operator - CSN (Terre Haute) emergency response team (BLS,rescue, hazmat)
    • Red Cross - former instructor (first aid, watersafety)
    If you have any questions, please ask!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We still have some room in this class. I'm hoping to see everyone who mentioned in the other topic they wanted to do this!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Good question. You all will need to bring a lunch. I'll bring bottled water, but grilling out at Profire might be problematic.

White Castles and Wendy's are close. If you choose White Castles, you may test ProFire's plumbing. There is also an Egg Roll King fairly close. Pizza Hut is down the road a bit, but it is a carry out only. Arby's, Burger King, Rally's, Taco Bell are fairly close as well, but a little farther SE. There is also a Little Caesars within 5 minutes.

Can you tell I drive this stretch of road everyday to work? :D

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    White Castles and Wendy's are close. If you choose White Castles, you may test ProFire's plumbing. There is also an Egg Roll King fairly close. Pizza Hut is down the road a bit, but it is a carry out only. Arby's, Burger King, Rally's, Taco Bell are fairly close as well, but a little farther SE. There is also a Little Caesars within 5 minutes.

Can you tell I drive this stretch of road everyday to work? :D

These are all fair suggestions, but I suspect that with the amount of material to cover and the time frame, we may eat lunch as we work. Bringing a lunch and snacks is suggested.

Thanks for the suggestions, Mike.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Still room in this class! Where is everyone? No ammo expenditure! It's not on a Sunday! People!

I'm waiting til the last minute. I have already made promises for that date to do a planned bicycle ride in Brownsburg. It's for charity for the B&O trail. I had planned on doing a 45 mile ride.

But if it rains, I don't think I'll do it, even though I've been waiting all year for this.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    2 baseball games and 1 soccer game. A Sunday would have been MUCH better for me.

D'OH!

I mentioned it because I've been getting many (as in more than a dozen) "I wish it wasn't on a Sunday" regarding some of our other classes. Heh.

I'm waiting til the last minute. I have already made promises for that date to do a planned bicycle ride in Brownsburg. It's for charity for the B&O trail. I had planned on doing a 45 mile ride.

But if it rains, I don't think I'll do it, even though I've been waiting all year for this.

Oy!

Top Bottom