6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    WHAT: ACT Force on Force – Close Quarters Drills & Scenarios
    WHEN: 12MAY13 0900 to 1300 Close Quarters 1400 to 1800 Scenarios
    WHERE: Riley Conservation Club – Terre Haute,IN – www.rileycc.com
    TUITION: $65 per session; $125 for bothsessions
    INSTRUCTORS: Granger Wilkins – Close QuartersACT staff –Scenarios
    CONTACT: John@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com ; Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

DESCRIPTION:

“CloseQuarters Drills” is the morning session and will focus on managing threats at contact distances. There will besignificant physical contact during this class, so a mouthpiece and protective cup are strongly recommended. No one will be required to attempt any drill or activity in which they choose to notparticipate!

“Scenarios”in the afternoon session will present several problems for the students to solve. Shooting may not always be thebest answer!

Both sessions will use airsoft replicas to simulate live fire.

REQUIRED GEAR:
    • Dress as you would during your daily activities,but keep in mind you may be engaged in moderately strenuous activity
    • Eye protection
    • Mouthpiece & cup (strongly recommended forthe morning session)
    OPTIONAL GEAR:
    • Your own airsoft face mask/shield that coversface and ears (we’ll have some to loan, but feel free to bring your own)
    • Your own gas-powered or electric airsoft replica,accessories, and your holster that fits it
    • Gloves
    • Training or inert knife
    • Holster (preferably for a Glock 17 or 1911)
    • Fluids and snacks. ACT will supply bottled water.
    ** All participantsmust agree to disarm completely (no firearms, no knives, or any other potential weapons, whether loaded or not) and to being physically searched prior to commencementof the activities. If you are not willing to disarm completely for the duration of the class, please do not register. All personal gear will be secured until the conclusion of the class, or you may choose to keep you belongings in your personal vehicle. At least one member of the ACT staff will remain armed, but will not participate in any drills or scenarios. __________________

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Would female students need to bring a cup also?

I hadn't thought about that and it's beyond my area of expertise. It's a good question, though, and one that I've never had posed to me.

For what it's worth, I don't believe anyone will be intentionally struck in the groin (or the mouth), but it could happen inadvertantly. I suppose it would depend on the individual and how sensitive they are to impact.

Whether or not sex-specific protective gear for that anatomical region exists is also beyond my body of knowledge!

Ultimately, all will be welcomed, with or without groin protection (unless they're criminals or otherwise irresonsible in general)!

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I hadn't thought about that and it's beyond my area of expertise. It's a good question, though, and one that I've never had posed to me.

For what it's worth, I don't believe anyone will be intentionally struck in the groin (or the mouth), but it could happen inadvertantly. I suppose it would depend on the individual and how sensitive they are to impact.

Whether or not sex-specific protective gear for that anatomical region exists is also beyond my body of knowledge!

They do exist. I've heard mixed responses on whether they were useful, but mostly negative.

Top Bottom