• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Act of Valor was number one at the box office this weekend!!!! For those of you that have not seen it.... GO!!!! This IS a movie that you will want to buy on bluray/ dvd.... BUT it is NOT a movie that you will want to wait to see on DVD!!!! This is a great big screen and big sound system movie. The sound engineering team for Act of Valor should receive an academy award. The Mini-Gun sounds like an actual Mini-Gun and the M2 50 sounds like a real fifty... It thumps your chest. You also hear the distinct ring of real live fire, this applies to all of the firearms featured in the film. You will not be disappointed, I promise.
    I would like to dispell some rumors about the movie.... Yes these guys are active duty. No this is not a security risk. The SEALs in the movie have been in the teams for quite some time and most likely not be applying for a Tier 1 Team (NSW DevGru). They are not fully identified in the credits, sometimes we learn first names, sometime we learn last names, but not both (one will be fake). This type of info is not hard to get, a person could hang around Coronado California or Virginia Beach and collect this level of info. SEALs are just like the rest of the Navy when they are at home, they wear uniforms with Name Tapes, but unlike the rest of the Navy they also wear the Trident. They are easily identified upon sight, the Trident pin is very large and doesn't have a similar profile to any other designator pin in the Navy.
    The AWESOME Boats in the film are not Navy SEAL Boats and are not crewed or driven by Navy Seals. They are SWCC Boats, Speacial Warfare Combatant-Craft Crewman. These guys are the other half of Naval Special Warfare. They are not all BUD/S washouts. Many Operators join the Navy specifically to become an SB (SWCC).
    The SWCC boats in the movie are 1) the SOC-R (Special Operations Craft- Riverine), 2) NSW 11 Meter RIB and the Mark V.
    The Helo Insert / Extract of the SOC-R is called MEATS (Maritime External Air Transportation System).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My wife and I went to see it on opening weekend (Friday night). I think it ranks right up there with some of best. Loved it, would love to see it again and can't wait to pick it up on DVD when it comes out!

dfcrane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Feb 25, 2011
    South West Indiana
    I noticed it is rated R. I would like to take my two sons, one is 19 and the other is 9. My 9 year old loves shooting and watching action movies with me and has no problem with blood etc. Is there anything in the movie other than language that I should be cautious of?

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    The "R" Rating is do to how graphic the violence is. It's not over the top, it's just very realistic. I took my 11 year old Daughter to it. She has seen worse on the discovery channel or "Bones". She really enjoyed the movie. No Nudity/ Sex or over the top language

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    My wife and brother in law went to the 415 show today and I was blown away by this movie. It is an excellent movie with a good story line and I do like how there isn't any of the unrealistic gun crap you normally see in other action movies. I would recommend it to anyone and would love to go see it again. Cant wait for the blu ray and surround sound at home too!

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Just got home, me and a couple buddies went to see it...
    Awesome....Awesome Movie!
    If you havent seen it, please go! Probably one of the best movies Ive seen in a long time...

So sappy bs story line...down and dirty...great action packed flick!
    You wont be disappointed! :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Went again this afternoon. I did catch a couple very minor technical issues, but they did not detract in any way from my enjoyment of the film.

And the extraction sequence was still awesome. ;)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    seen it the weekend it came out, and I will be seeing it again soon. Anyone in the NWI area want to go with? Ill try not to give away too much, haha.
    As stated, I loved being able to watch it and not scream, OMG you cant shoot like that and hit anything. Or seeing them in uniform and noticing 15 uniform violations. It was nice to be able to watch a movie and actually watch it. I think Hollywood hated it cause they didnt cry over every bad guys. News Flash Hollywood, most of us dont cry over people trying to kill innocents. Sorry, just my 2 cents from what I have seen on my deployments.

bjswifty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I jokingly said if it doesn't make me cry then I'm asking for my money back. After seeing it I won't be asking for my money back, lol! I thought the movie was the best I've ever seen in theaters, period.
    I would think of taking my own 9 year old son, but it is emotional, and that's why I may not take him, but then again he is 9 and may not understand how and why it is so emotional.

Top Bottom