• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Just got done watching Act of Valor for the umteenth time.. damn thing punches me in the gut every single time... Poem at the end.. just wow.. finally got off my ass and went to find it online... turns out, there's more than what they showed in the movie.

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." -Tecumseh

I think things in this world would go a lot better if we all could manage to live by these words.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    My oldest daughter and I went to see it and she still talks about the bravery and sacrifice of our soldiers. Watching that movie together had more of an impact on her than all my words about respecting our freedom and those that serve to protect it. I bought the dvd last week but I know it won't be the same as seeing it on the big screen.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ive seen the preveiws many times but never rented it on demand... maybe ill check it out soon.
    Awesome movie... I've watched it multiple times...
    In Afghanistan I worked with one of the SEALs that was in the movie. Great guy...

The first time I watched the movie it was in the MWR room with the SEAL Team (including the one that was in the movie). It was a surreal experience... one I will never forget...

I have a picture to prove I worked with one of the guys in the movie but I made him a promise it will never end up on the internet... so you will just have to believe me...

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Rorke Denver (LT Rorke in the movie) just released a book. He was out a SHOT Show promoting it. I haven't read it yet, but I will very soon. It's called Damn Few
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Damn-Few-Making-Modern-Warrior/dp/1401324797]Damn Few: Making the Modern SEAL Warrior: Rorke Denver, Ellis Henican: 9781401324797: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    My favorite part of the movie is still when my boys from Special Boat Team 22 can rippin around the river bed on the SOC-R with the Mini blazing and M2 thumping.... Great guys to work with 12, 20 and 22. Boat Guys are awesome.

slowman87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    My favorite part of the movie is still when my boys from Special Boat Team 22 can rippin around the river bed on the SOC-R with the Mini blazing and M2 thumping.... .

That's my favorite part, when I saw it I was like HOLY $H!T!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My favorite part of the movie is still when my boys from Special Boat Team 22 can rippin around the river bed on the SOC-R with the Mini blazing and M2 thumping.... Great guys to work with 12, 20 and 22. Boat Guys are awesome.

That's my favorite part, when I saw it I was like HOLY $H!T!

+3. Brings a tear to my eye when they let them rip! I would never want to have to face our military might. Despite the problems we have in America right now, I am still glad that I am on the same side as the U.S. military!

Oh, and OP, thanks for posting the words. Its going up on my bulletin board at work and home.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Awesome show for sure!! Went to see it with vets on opening night.

ALSO read Chris Kyles book "american sniper", I read it straight through, couldn't put it down.

ALSO, Michael Murphy's movie, Murph the protector is coming out March 22, 13 @ regal movie theater..........WANNA GO?

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    tv1217, I can't afford a tv that big;) Watching the gunboats on the theater screen was awesome!

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Top Bottom