• ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Basic Pistol 051, Pistol basics 1

BP051, The fundamentals of owning and operating a firearm.
    29MAR14 0900 to 1300
    Cost: $65
    Riley Conservation Club (Near Terre Haute, IN)

Pistol Basics 1 is our entry level pistol course. Four hours split between classroom and range. We will shoot approximately 100rds. If you do not currently own a pistol, come and shoot one of ours. Please bring your own ammunition, .22lr, 9mm, .38 special or .45ACP.

Students will learn about: firearms safety, range etiquette, marksmanship fundamentals, grip, stance and much more.

Display of many types and models of handguns and holsters will be displayed and discussed.

To register or for more information contact:
    john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com
    joseph@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    could you perhaps pm me as to what you refer to with marksmanship fundamentals? I have not had any training and i am looking to finally take some this year barring any surprises.
    I am simply unsure as to if this would be a good first course or defensive pistol.
    thank you

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    could you perhaps pm me as to what you refer to with marksmanship fundamentals? I have not had any training and i am looking to finally take some this year barring any surprises.
    I am simply unsure as to if this would be a good first course or defensive pistol.
    thank you

This is a good question for any and all. By marksmanship fundamentals I am referring to stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control and follow through. And most importantly, how all these relate to YOUR physiology and eyesight.

This class will be a god one for you regardless of the direction your future training takes.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was wondering the same thing.I've carried for a few years now but training just wasn't in the budget.I've picked up a few things via YouTube and reading here and other sites but never had any way to be sure I was practicing the theories correctly.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I was wondering the same thing.I've carried for a few years now but training just wasn't in the budget.I've picked up a few things via YouTube and reading here and other sites but never had any way to be sure I was practicing the theories correctly.

While I think that there is lots of good stuff on youtube (and bad, too :rolleyes:), time spent with a teacher will help you find the answer to this question. Plus, the better teachers will help you through alternative theories and methods and get through the chaff. The most fashionable technique is trash if it does not work for YOU.
    In addition, I think that the better programs are modular and "building block" adding manageable blocks of information as you go along. All of ACT's programs are an attempt to do just that.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    still have room for a couple more, but then will be taking a waiting list for BP051. There will be other basic pistol offerings, but this is the only one that ACT will be doing this year.

Top Bottom