• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Due to scheduling and family dynamics, my wife has been unable to participate in any of the defensive firearms training the oldest 2 kids and myself have done over the last several years.

Recently, the Oregon shooting (10/1) got her to thinking, “Hey, the time is right for me to get trained up too.”
    Child #3 is also now old enough to start her training.

Wanted to strike while the iron was hot on this one, so I checked training schedules to see what could be started ASAP. Didn’t see anything on the radar.

So, I contacted the guys at Adaptive Consulting and Training (ACT) to see what could be done to setup some private training. We had 2 people and needed 6 for a private session. After calls to a few friends we had the requisite number and got things scheduled for 10/24.

This time, due to scheduling and family dynamics, it was I who could not go (as much as it pained me!), but previous experience gave me complete confidence turning my peeps over to the tutelage of the ACT folks.

The class demographic was varied with males and females from 16 yr old high school girls to a middle aged university professor. Post-class feedback from everyone was universally positive. With the small class-size, concepts can be covered in a very time-efficient manner and there’s good opportunity for individual coaching.

If you’re looking for some training, but are having scheduling issues, you might look into setting up some private training with the guys from ACT.

Two thumbs up. :yesway::yesway:

Swapfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Greenwood
    I would LOVE to get DP101 (the first course in defensive pistol) for my son who just turned 18. He will be leaving for the army in late January. I would be willing to buy three slots if anything is available before then. I've been through the course, but would take it again with my wife and son.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I would LOVE to get DP101 (the first course in defensive pistol) for my son who just turned 18. He will be leaving for the army in late January. I would be willing to buy three slots if anything is available before then. I've been through the course, but would take it again with my wife and son.

We could set up a session for you and your family prior to his leaving for basic. PM me.

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield

I have been looking for training myself and would be interesting in filling a slot if the scheduling works. What is the cost of the course? May have a few others to join as well.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have been looking for training myself and would be interesting in filling a slot if the scheduling works. What is the cost of the course? May have a few others to join as well.

We will be announcing our tentative 2016 schedule shortly after the first of the year, so maybe one of those dates will work with your schedule. If you already have a small group together, then we can schedule a session just for your group. Cost will depend on the type and depth of the material you want to work on, location (yours or mine) and number of people. You can pm me here on INGO or drop me an email for more information. Thank you for your interest.

Top Bottom