Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What can he do? In the end he will do what the last one did, and the one before that, and the one before that...

No idea, but I refuse to simply throw my hands up and accept that this is an issue that we should willfully accept as part and parcel of living in the United States. Solutions need not be black and white.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    No idea, but I refuse to simply throw my hands up and accept that this is an issue that we should willfully accept as part and parcel of living in the United States. Solutions need not be black and white.
    Why not, terrorism is part and parcel of living in London?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So what is the president's response to this? Does he simply say a speech about how horrible this is, and leave it at that, or does he try to come up with some sort of plan that addresses a problem we have with unsettling regularity?

At least his speech didn't include blaming the NRA, gun owners, high capacity magazines and silencers.
    I don't have a solution for this, but not having a plan at this stage is better than the knee jerk reaction some politicians are already having.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Living in a free country comes with risks. Can't stop people from doing what they seek to do.

Only thing I can see that would improve, even slightly, is if people were generally happier and less divided. Don't see that happening anytime soon, too many people profit off of it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What can he do? In the end he will do what the last one did, and the one before that, and the one before that...
    Well, the last one would have already been on TV calling for more weapon bans.

We have to fix the notoriety these guys get. I just don't know how we do that. People are fixated by tragedy, whether it is a car accident, a natural disaster, or a mass murder. The media will feed that fixation with non-stop coverage, fact or conjecture, of who, how, and with what.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

So if the President doesn't have solutions chambered to spew forth at a moment's notice for every unpredictable act, he's incompetent, and yet neither you, nor anyone else can even suggest a solution, aside, of course, from banning every gun....and I suppose diesel fuel and fertilizer, lest we forget?

seems reasonable.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So if the President doesn't have solutions chambered to spew forth at a moment's notice for every unpredictable act, he's incompetent, and yet neither you, nor anyone else can even suggest a solution, aside, of course, from banning every gun....and I suppose diesel fuel and fertilizer, lest we forget?

seems reasonable.

I'm obviously not surrounded by some of the most capable minds in the world. That's my excuse.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm sorry, I guess we have just the right amount of mass shootings, that we shouldn't try to think of ways to prevent them.

If the past is any indicator of the future, federal involvement will only siphon of freedoms of the law abiding and costing an arm and a leg without much to show for it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Reminds me of the Charles Whitman story. Given they've found no obvious motivation for the shooting, I'd be curious to see what an autopsy says.

[FONT=&quot]discovered that Whitman’s brain harbored a tumor the diameter of a nickel. This tumor, called a glioblastoma, had blossomed from beneath a structure called the thalamus, impinged on the hypothalamus, and compressed a third region called the amygdala. The amygdala is involved in emotional regulation, especially of fear and aggression.[/FONT]

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/07/the-brain-on-trial/308520/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the past is any indicator of the future, federal involvement will only siphon of freedoms of the law abiding and costing an arm and a leg without much to show for it.

Fair criticism, but we need not empower the federal govt to a degree that threatens our rights. But this discussion on mass shootings is long overdue.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What do you suggest? What will cause people to drive evil from their hearts?

Imagine a media that didn't showcase the person's name, life, background, etc... when they did something like this. Do you think it would happen less often, perhaps?

Can't the fault be placed on a massively open and "social media" society where everyone has to see and know everything immediately, and let everyone else know what they think?

I think that messes with people's minds. Messes with how we were meant to think and behave.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Anti Gun is already using this as a cause for more gun control. Which usually means a ban or total confiscation. CBSN has people at the Whitehouse on TV calling for more gun laws.

Top Bottom