Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Perhaps we should start with what you think is correct in it. And, if you are objective, where you see the errors.

I'm not the one that said the video was right/wrong. I was just asking what you thought was wrong with it. If you got nothing, we'll move on.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    MO, Disagree then make it your responsibility to prove him wrong. It is all about goal posts.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wait...did I miss the part where we identified the culturally and historically perfect nation/culture which has brought greater concepts of freedom, law and order to the world? Granted, I didn't read every post.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Wait...did I miss the part where we identified the culturally and historically perfect nation/culture which has brought greater concepts of freedom, law and order to the world? Granted, I didn't read every post.

Well, the puff piece you put up is malarkey. Just ask any Irishman. Or Indian. Or some of us who've taken an interest in US history.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Anglophobia is real.......Great Britain is the country that did so...God Bless them....Been between 300-400 years since any of my DNA was there but I still stand for the Queen.......

T09i3qp.jpg

7f5ee95647c6cd5f8618dd303e243668--princess-elizabeth-queen-elizabeth-ii.jpg
    SniperQueenE2-1.jpg

PRcD6vi.jpg

[video=youtube;Ad3NoimHero]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad3NoimHero[/video]

[video=youtube;xwrX-LN9-L0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrX-LN9-L0[/video]

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    [video touting the British Empire's historical greatness and contribution to humanity]

You forgot the purple.

ETA:
    For starters, read about the Opium Wars followed by the Boxer Rebellion as it relates to the Tea and Opium Trade, and the use of "indentured servitude" coolie trade of Indians (from India) and Chinese to replace the slavery that was abolished.

John

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I heard today that multiple sets of body armor were found in Paddock's room. I think there were either multiple shooters or there were supposed to be multiple shooters and Paddock started without them. Seems like he was setting up for a Mumbai style terrorrist attack with multiple shooter, multiple guns and multiple sets of body armor.

Reading too much into it. In establishing a barricade, knowing that interior walls will not stop bullets, body armor could be used as armor for critical areas of walls, doors, etc. The assumption it was intended for someone to wear it is just that, an assumption. The shooter may have been surprised before he was completely ready, but if there were more than one I would think they would have been there assisting with the preparations. Arriving merely to man the weapons after the "leader" single-handedly does all the work to set everything up doesn't make sense.

John

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    Reading too much into it. In establishing a barricade, knowing that interior walls will not stop bullets, body armor could be used as armor for critical areas of walls, doors, etc. The assumption it was intended for someone to wear it is just that, an assumption. The shooter may have been surprised before he was completely ready, but if there were more than one I would think they would have been there assisting with the preparations. Arriving merely to man the weapons after the "leader" single-handedly does all the work to set everything up doesn't make sense.

John

Las Vegas shooter fired 'incendiary' rounds at fuel tank
    the last paragraph talks about the vests.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

John

In my mind that could actually make a lot of sense. His girlfriend works there so it isn't uncommon for staff to see him around, if he suddenly as (a) new friend(s) with him, people notice. Keep them out of sight until they're absolutely necessary, less people recall "he had someone else with him that we hadn't seen before."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You forgot the purple.

ETA:
    For starters, read about the Opium Wars followed by the Boxer Rebellion as it relates to the Tea and Opium Trade, and the use of "indentured servitude" coolie trade of Indians (from India) and Chinese to replace the slavery that was abolished.

John

Must have missed it again.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Must have missed it again.

Me too......

[video=youtube;eVzBcIXJXTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVzBcIXJXTo[/video]

Paul Giamatti owns the role of John Adams....A very powerful scene...I would have loved of have been a fly on the wall....

[video=youtube;n725zX3zIk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n725zX3zIk0[/video]

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think it is necessary to compare cultures to some sort of "perfect." Rather, the qualities of each can be evaluated with respect to each other.

Having said that, I think such discussions are boring as heck and generally devolve into pure opinion.

Kinda like trying to determine which "language" is better or more modern.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't think it is necessary to compare cultures to some sort of "perfect." Rather, the qualities of each can be evaluated with respect to each other.

Having said that, I think such discussions are boring as heck and generally devolve into pure opinion.

Kinda like trying to determine which "language" is better or more modern.

It's between Esperanto and Tagalog. There really is no debate.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ahh yes. I don't know why Operation Market Garden comes to mind so readily when I think about the brilliance of British military strategy.....

....perhaps because it is so iconic?

Top Bottom