Active shooter drills w/ students / actors...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Unfortunately, a lot of people believe they are safe until after a traumatic experience proves to them the difference between "feeling safe" and actually being able to control your own safety. I have yet to work with a single violent crime victim who did not say "I thought I was safe" (or the same thing to some degree.) They always think about their safety AFTER the damage has been done, but that's too late.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Unfortunately, a lot of people believe they are safe until after a traumatic experience proves to them the difference between "feeling safe" and actually being able to control your own safety. I have yet to work with a single violent crime victim who did not say "I thought I was safe" (or the same thing to some degree.) They always think about their safety AFTER the damage has been done, but that's too late.
    I always tell people, "look at the news with all the people that get hurt. They did not know that was going to happen. That's why I'm armed. I can LEARN from other's experiences. "

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Wanting to feel safe is probably why a lot of people carry. (I'm not directing my comment at anyone in particular.) Unfortunately, as the saying goes, owning a gun makes you a gun fighter no more than owning a piano makes you a pianist. Just owning a gun doesn't make you safe, and I think a lot of gun owners have trouble facing this fact.

Recently people have been talking about this video where a number of college students got some training and then were tested in a force-on-force mass shooter scenario. Some people in this forum protested how unfair the video was. To me, that's an irrelevant question. You're not training to fight the average stupid mugger. You're training to fight against skilled, organized, and motivated people.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    thats why you carry anywhere its legal...carry at work if you can get away with it and not get fired...better to be carried by 14 than judged by seven or some crap like that....

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    I always tell people, "look at the news with all the people that get hurt. They did not know that was going to happen. That's why I'm armed. I can LEARN from other's experiences. "

I worked at the desk right next to a convicted murderer once. Sort of. He got off on a crazy plea after killing his professor wife and nearly killed his three little kids until they ran out the door to a neighbors. He then turned the knife on himself. People would recognize him and say....do you know who that is? Sometimes we'd answer in unison yes.

Company couldn't get rid of him after they found out...it fell under the disability laws and the psycho hospital gave him a lawyer to make sure his "rights" were not stepped on.

Funny part was he regularly used knives at work but none of us were allowed to cc even legally. Company policy.

You never know who or when that nut may snap.

Top Bottom