• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Do Not know if this has been up yet, but probably worth a re-post. For those of us with loved ones who want to better prepare them, watch this. Some very good ideas and tactics for the Non-professional sheepdogs out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2tIeRUbRHw

[ame]http://youtu.be/r2tIeRUbRHw[/ame]
    Like Most all of you I would prefer highly trained operators guarding my little ones, but barring this every bit of knowledge could help.

Last edited:

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I really like the video. One thing to remember is to have some skills/tactics for dealing one-on-one. The Conn. shooting happened in small children's classes. So there's a good chance the teacher would be the only adult in the room. So that person has to try and get the kids to a safe(er) zone and then attempt to restrain/stop.

I believe this group and the tactics were a specific response to the Va Tech massacre. They are still sound, but if you're seriously training to engage an active shooter while you're unarmed, you should also realize that you MAY have to do it on your own. My $0.02

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Completely concur with the need for one v. one tactics if that is your environment. the MOST Important thing is to have A PLAN other than hide in the corner. Put this up mainly for folks to show to their loved ones and little ones who do not have any more formal or serious training.

Alon Stivi, the instructor in the vid is former IDF SOF, and has a pretty serious list of folks he has trained/consulted.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Great post. Everyone needs to see this. Also being assertive enough to quickly organize others who are trapped in the room with you on the procedure would be of paramount importance for this to be successful. Unless everyone knows a role, one person, YOU (because you know what to do) will need to lead.

Top Bottom