• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Not to derail this thread, and I know this is controversial, but as a Christian and a Catholic, I believe two or more wrongs don’t make a right. I don’t believe capital punishment is the answer. If victims and their families can find it in their hearts to forgive assailants, certainly it’s difficult to take a life in pursuit of justice, especially because we know it has, and will be done again, unjustly in the future. This may also take away someone’s chance who could become truly repentant, and I’m not into monkeying around with the fate of souls. This is much different than shooting and killing someone to save others, because no one is in immediate danger at the time capital punishment is exacted.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Allegedly from the shooter's social media

ExLJcAQVoAUD5pB

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What is wrong with you?! 10 people are dead, including a police officer, and you want to peddle some literally insane crackpot theory that it was just propagated by politicians to push forward gun legislation?!

My heart literally hurts for this loss of life and all those affected and all you can think of to say is tinfoil hat nonsensical dribble. Have a soul, man.
    Perhaps we missed your anguished elocutions over the 116 gunned down in Chicago so far this year or the 68 in NYC? How about those killed or maimed in BLM riots? I believe anyone with your version of what a soul is would have some detectable compassion to spare for other innocent victims

The correlation that the timing of these events seem ... convenient ... or useful for a particular agenda ... is indeed a valid one, just like the ignoring of many anti-Asian hate crimes around the country until the one was perpetrated by a white guy

Are the people in a Boulder grocery store some how more innocent than anyone else killed by random violence? Are they deserving of more compassion? Is it heartless to say 'too bad one or more of them were not armed'. One party's relentless drive to keep us defenseless will always be a topic in events like this

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There's a whole lot we don't know about yesterday. A whole lot. And, as such, I'm not going to pipe up about any political action (or inaction) until we have a clear understanding of the horrible events that occurred.
    What makes you convinced you will ever get a factual account of what happened. Know anything about what happened and why in the Mandalay Bay shootings? Have you ever seen a picture of the 'silencer' allegedly used by the Myrtle Beach shooter?

These events are hyped and used for a political purpose whenever it is possible with most evidence being controlled and public knowledge being curtailed. The behavior of the left invites skepticism on these issues and then attempts to label any sort of suspicion of their motives 'tin foil hat' conspiracy theory

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Perhaps not legally, but, if true, then morally then those who knew about the shooter's mental health have a lot to answer for. This is no better than the parents who leave their firearms unattended and unsecured, resulting in a child picking them up and shooting another child.
    We have a family member who is unstable at best. If you call the police they do nothing. If somehow you get them to go to a facility and talk to someone it goes like this. Your family says you have problems. No I don't they do. OK your free to go.
    Sorry family who knows. We can't keep them against there will. The mental health system in this country totaly broken.
    Said person is now homeless. Once had a good job owned a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner for family.
    Now walks the street stinking like ****
    and talking to people who are not there.
    The Family can only do so much

Last edited by a moderator:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We have a family member who is unstable at best. If you call the police they do nothing. If somehow you get them to go to a facility and talk to someone it goes like this. Your family says you have problems. No I don't they do. OK your free to go.
    Sorry family who knows. We can't keep them against there will. The mental health system in this country totaly broken.
    Said person is now homeless. Once had a good job owned a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner for family.
    Until you have experienced the system with someone with a serious mental illness, you have no idea.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Now walks the street stinking like sh#t
    Thats a really slippery slope. What do you want police to do? Immediately take people in if someone says they're crazy? If that was allowed to happen it'd only be a matter of time before everyone was called crazy, stripped of their 2a rights, and be guilty until proven innocent.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Take a look here at the bills that have been introduced in Congress already and tell me again how many have been drafted by "right" politicians...

What PRO 2A legislation was drafted between 2016 and 2020? Especially 2016 and 2018? How many became law?

I'll use that as my measuring stick.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I unfortunately see this too much. I do not have a family member as such but my job requires me to see these broken people often. The system is absolutely absent when it comes to mental illnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't know what the fix is to prevent future violence like this. It's a complex issue with countless shades of gray; if it were black & white we'd have already come to a census on what a resolution would be.
    Maybe you should comb the whole of history to find those societies where no one ever murdered anyone else out of craziness or a desire for wealth or power or for religious differences

Then once you have that (empty) list, you can see what attributes they have in common and campaign to adopt those same attributes (by the force of law, of course) in America

The laws of man will not save you

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It used to be that any physician could order a 72 hour hold for mental evaluation. If the person was determined to be a danger to themselves or others, they could be held for a competency hearing.
    Now, apparent mental illness is considered a "life-style choice."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thats a really slippery slope. What do you want police to do? Immediately take people in if someone says they're crazy? If that was allowed to happen it'd only be a matter of time before everyone was called crazy, stripped of their 2a rights, and be guilty until proven innocent.
    Not all that slippery if you have been around someone in an actual psychotic break, having hallucinations and talking to people that aren't there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It used to be that any physician could order a 72 hour hold for mental evaluation. If the person was determined to be a danger to themselves or others, they could be held for a competency hearing.
    Now, apparent mental illness is considered a "life-style choice."
    Even then, you call the family doctor and he likely says, have the person come in for an appointment. Like that is going to happen.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    What PRO 2A legislation was drafted between 2016 and 2020? Especially 2016 and 2018? How many became law?

I'll use that as my measuring stick.

That is one bizarre measuring stick you are using. Kind of like counting how many left turns you take will tell you how many right turns you should have in driving to your destination. Either is a false indicator of the other.

Top Bottom