• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've assembled a small get home bag that I carry in my truck. It is a mixture of items I put together mostly from reading on here what others have and keep in their bags. I don't have much of a trek for 95% of my travels so it's not real comprehensive. Most of my travel is less than a three hour walk on a nice day.
    With that said, the wife and I are headed to Florida for a couple weeks and I was debating how much to "amp it up" for the vacation trip. I figure the best place to get good suggestions is right here.

Thanks, Matt

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I would think you would have all the things you need to get back home if something went wrong. You would have your stiff with you. You have had to plan for food for the time you are gone. All your vacation stuff is your get home stuff. If you are driving their and lose your car you will have to get back. Bus would be the cheapest way back so you would need money for that at least. Then the way most of us spend money on vacation that shouldn't be a problem. I don't know how you could ramp up a bag to bring you back 1200 miles. What I am getting at is you will not be walking it. So no packs or all the camping stuff. The money and stuff you take on vacation is the stuff you would have to use to get home. If things fall apart while you are in Florida you might want to stay their rather than come back. It depends on what you have at home.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I pulled everything out of my bag and ended up putting everything back. I added my ham handy talky, my spare cell phone and a months worth of our meds. Most anything else we'd need will be in the truck. I kept thinking we'd need a lot more gear but I've been unable to come up with anything that would likely be a worthwhile addition.

Matt

Top Bottom