Adding speakers to the motorcycle, thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    We now have a lot of idiots with smashing loud exhausts on their cars and bikes rolling around here sharing their music with us. I hate it.
    1st, I do not like the exhaust noise. If I wanted to here it I have several cars I can take the muffler off to use at home/shop. Stop forcing me to hear it.
    2nd.....Highway song man. The machine and the road are my music. I have done thousands of miles and never once used a stereo even when the bike had one. Rolling the badlands sturgis bound......no music needed, already there.
    3rd....your bike, do as you please.

FTFY

Oh I was not being snarky just giving an old riders opinion.

Some of the clowns around here have some serious exhaust sound on their bikes. Cool enough but I would actually hear the music. JMHO of course.

And again.

Guess we have to start chastising people for driving with their windows down on their car.

Agreed.

I got your douche bag.

Agreed.

LOOOK AT MEEEEEEE. MY EXHAUST IS SO LOUD THAT I WAKE UP ALL MY NEIGHBORS.

When harley riders start having quite mufflers, then Ill start chastising people for driving with their radio on with their window down.

I know harley riders with quite mufflers, I also know people with rice burners with loud exhausts. But what is the difference between loud exhausts and loud music with their windows down? Why can't you chastise both?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    FTFY

And again.

Agreed.

Agreed.

I know harley riders with quite mufflers, I also know people with rice burners with loud exhausts. But what is the difference between loud exhausts and loud music with their windows down? Why can't you chastise both?

I did.

I am guilty of having a Harley with loud pipes. Ultra loud actually but only when the throttle was on the WOT stop. It actually cruised out no more loud than any other Harley until the go fast grip was twisted. I picked the proper places to roll it on so as not to offend large segments of the locals.

Mine is the springer........

The Dyna was the wifes. It had a Hooker Header on it as well. If you look at the pipes on the Springer you could put a beer can "In" them. Yes, it is supercharged and had Nitrous.
    My point is I rode. Serious rider. My opinions are based on this.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I did.

I am guilty of having a Harley with loud pipes. Ultra loud actually but only when the throttle was on the WOT stop. It actually cruised out no more loud than any other Harley until the go fast grip was twisted. I picked the proper places to roll it on so as not to offend large segments of the locals.

Mine is the springer........

The Dyna was the wifes. It had a Hooker Header on it as well. If you look at the pipes on the Springer you could put a beer can "In" them. Yes, it is supercharged and had Nitrous.
    My point is I rode. Serious rider. My opinions are based on this.

The time and place for the noise is the point. Cruising down the highway, whether its pipes, music, etc (in my opinion) is acceptable. I wont deny the ones that are in town, and you can hear them from two blocks away, distortion and all, are annoying. I like quality sound (music or exhaust). Cant stand the obnoxious pipes set up that the bike hasn't had work done to reduce the backfiring, excessive crackling, and soforth. A good, healthy sounding exhaust system is appreciated. It all comes down to personal preference though.

Side note, those are a couple NICE looking bikes. Who did your paint work? They got some skill.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    mufflers ???????????? the extra back pressure would make my old pan " PUFF " oil out the exhaust when i shifted gears. :dunno: :dunno:

well it puffs anyway, actually on hot days it looks like a Vega going down the road. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The time and place for the noise is the point. Cruising down the highway, whether its pipes, music, etc (in my opinion) is acceptable. I wont deny the ones that are in town, and you can hear them from two blocks away, distortion and all, are annoying. I like quality sound (music or exhaust). Cant stand the obnoxious pipes set up that the bike hasn't had work done to reduce the backfiring, excessive crackling, and soforth. A good, healthy sounding exhaust system is appreciated. It all comes down to personal preference though.

Side note, those are a couple NICE looking bikes. Who did your paint work? They got some skill.

Thanks.
    Henley's custom Cycle downtown Indy. He is not called the "King" for nothing.

I agree totally. Time and place. Maybe me living in Indy has tainted me a bit. It seems the new fad is "Need to be seen and heard"

I can sit at the lite and listen to a nicely tuned machine with a good set of pipes.

Listening to Tu-Pac at distortion level is not pleasant.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I sprung for one of these for the longer hauls. I haven't tried it for any calls yet, just getting familiar with it. Bluetooth to the smartphone gives a variety of listening options. I like the rider friendly controls.

sena20_s_bluetooth_headset_detail.jpg

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Option one likely lap you on a road course.

:dunno:
    Option 2 will get you to the west coast quicker.
    Different bikes for different purposes.

Lots of if you don't do it like me you are doing it wrong here.

As for those you don't like a stereo on a bike you probably have never spent 10-18 hours going 500-1000+ miles in a day across Kansas or some other flat wide open state. The sound of the engine and road noises will drive you nuts. Some music makes it bearable.

By the way every bike I have ever had that had a stereo/radio had a button on it that said on/off. Want to here the sounds of your bike?
    Push that button and enjoy.
    Easy pleasy :):

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Bosshoss...lol, I just rode across Kansas last week (Indy to Ft Collins, Co.
    It would have been a miserable ride without some tunes.
    That being said, they were not the best, as at 80 MPH there was a bit of distortion.
    I think it all boils down to common courtesy with muffler and radio noise, unfortunately we seem to have lost the common courtesy in society of late.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Bosshoss...lol, I just rode across Kansas last week (Indy to Ft Collins, Co.
    It would have been a miserable ride without some tunes.
    That being said, they were not the best, as at 80 MPH there was a bit of distortion.
    I think it all boils down to common courtesy with muffler and radio noise, unfortunately we seem to have lost the common courtesy in society of late.

I always told other riders the worst part of riding across Kansas is that you have to ride back across Kansas to wear the other side of the tire due to the ever present cross wind.:laugh:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For the sake of all that is good and holy, at least tell me that you use motorcycle tires front and back...no car tires.

Top Bottom