Adequate time for an FFl to complete a transfer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    I live in a small town that doesn't have an LGS, woeful but true. I hate having to drive to a neighboring town to do a transfer so I picked a local FFL whom I have not met.

My firearm arrived Friday about 4:30 PM but never heard from the FFL. I'm trying to be patient so a waited til Saturday evening to call him. His wife answers and says he is running an errand and she'll give him my message. Sunday morning and I still haven't heard anything.

Should I just chill or should I start robo calling?

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    FFL transfer time

Normally they should call ASAP and get you over to do the transfer.
    If he has a shop or works out of the house and has a regular job, will make a difference , due to his work . Has he contacted you? If not call Monday if possible to find out why not? Could be sick? Give im a chance to make it right. He could be a great find? Good Luck

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It might be frustrating, but 48hrs isn't an unreasaonable amount of time to wait to complete a transfer, especially if you are including a weekend in that time, and if this is not a 7 day a week business. Unless you both knew the firearm would arrive at close of business on Friday and made arrangements in advance to complete the transfer on the weekend, I'd wait until Monday to call.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Glad I asked for opinions... being retired I forgot the importance of weekends to the working man. I'll wait til Monday to contact him.

Top Bottom