• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I am learning how to create some simple visual effects, I use Adobe After Effects. I figure I will keep you guys updated on stuff as I progress through learning the program and learn how to do some things you see in Hollywood lol. :D

My camera sucks, the picture is grainy and sound sucks. It worked out alright for the NWI shoot. However it is horrible for close-up indoor shots. :dunno: I am currently saving for a MUCH better camera.

After I am able to work fluently through the program and discover I have a knack for this type of thing, I may go into event filming and things like that for the area. That is still only an idea, but could be a possibility in the future. :popcorn:

Simple not really impressive shot of my clone coming in for a visit. Guess he wasn't expecting me to be using the computer. :dunno:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_UtG3Kn0g"]YouTube - My clone[/ame]

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Another short video I made, I have been tinkering with Sound FX, lighting, and 3D cameras.

I went with more of a horror theme in this. Again its nothing really special, I learned a thing or two making it though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hoSzTEgTvI]YouTube - Creepy Tunnel[/ame]

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Thats pretty cool. Not bad for an "experiment". Can that program be used to make website intros??

Yup, you can export the videos to almost any format. I think most if not all adobe software is interchangeable. For example I can open a .swf from flash and a .psd from Photoshop in After Effects.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    you want to change the lighting to make it more consistent. just before the 20 second mark the lighting changed briefly on the clone half due to the overwrite. i don't know what you changed, but just an fyi.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    you want to change the lighting to make it more consistent. just before the 20 second mark the lighting changed briefly on the clone half due to the overwrite. i don't know what you changed, but just an fyi.

The way I fixed it was putting a 1.5px feather on the mask. Instead of having a solid hard line.

A friend of mine gave me an idea for the clone effect, kind of a longer skit if you will, which I will be shooting soon. I want to wait for my new camera to come in so I can avoid the rough edges and grain/noise I have been experiencing with my current camera.

I will post it when I'm done. :D

Top Bottom