• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Personally I don't get it. I carry a G26 (formerly G19) in a Xbreed Supertuck. Proper holster, proper belt, it's just not a problem. I don't need a need for a "mousegun." /shrug.

Yes, proper holsters are expensive, but ... oh well.

ozzy866

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Rugar LCP 380

a clone of the Keltec 3AT/380 but feels like 100% more quality.
    Best pocket gun I own!

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I carry an LCP when I am going into a social situation where there is a higher chance of physical contact such as a night club or a place where you are likely to be searched like a Colts game. The inquisitive look on someones face when the they hug you around the waist and feel the hard lump in the small of your back is just so awkward for me to overcome foe some reason.

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I carry a S&W J-Frame in a pocket holster. I have a down vest I wear in the colder times of the year. It has a two front pockets. They are the exact size to fit my combo. No one has any idea it's there and it is at hand.

Also, when riding my motorcycle I wear a leather vest which has ambidextrous concealment pockets that this setup works well with too.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I have not gotten used to front pocket carry but love back pocket carry (KT P3AT). I have a leather holster with a square panel that hides the "print". It looks and feels like a wallet and just as easy to pull out. I havent found another way to carry concealed wearing only shorts and a t-shirt for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry my Sig P238 in my left front pocket just about all of the time. Sometimes, it's all I can carry but more often than not, it's my BUG. The thing I like about pocket carry is that I can have my hand on the pistol, fingers wrapped around the grip with my index finger outside of the holster and thumb on the safety and look like I'm just walking with my hands in my pocket. I sometimes carry a Bersa 380CC as a pocket gun, but most of the jeans I wear have pockets that are too small to quickly draw like that.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I carry a p32 in my front right pocket A LOT. And for the same reasons listed above. It just plain works. I haven't tried the LCP because its basically the same gun for another hundred dollars. That said, lots of folks prefer them. The Kel Tecs are a little thinner, though. And I haven't found anything else thinner than my P32. Very light, extremely invisible.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I carry a PT745 in a Blackhawk pocket holster all day, everyday. I posted on here several months ago about a situation I was involved in where I thought I might have to use my weapon, and throughout the entire ordeal, I had my pistol partially drawn, while still in my pocket (meaning, about half way out of the holster, without booger hook on bang switch). The two dudes causing concern never had a clue I had a gun in my hand, and I found that fact very calming in that situation. The PT 745 is compact, but it is no mouse gun, and, in that particular instance, I felt it was about as perfect as I could hope for. I wear somewhat baggy khaki shorts in warm weather, and a lot of the time in colder weather, I'm wearing BDU pants. If I wear blue jeans then I'll carry on my belt with a shirt over it.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I carry my Walther PPK in my pocket, I had a SP101 I had in a shoulder holster then I left in the truck because I had to lay on my side an work, the day the theif struck, never again!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yes, these things do happen with pocket carry, as well as when carrying in a OWB holster, IWB holster, carrying a long gun with a sling, without a sling, putting a gun on the night stand, putting a gun in the safe, unloading a gun, loading a gun. Safety fail can happen, I don't know that it happens more with pocket carry than other types of carry, but to me, being aware of the responsibility of carrying a weapon, no matter how I'm carrying, is my first priority.:twocents:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I carry a S&W Model 60 in a Mika pocket holster when I'm Glockless. I don't wear skinny jeans, so it doesn't print. Five rounds plus a speed strip is plenty when walking the dog, and the holster has held up well for the last 7 years. It's much more convenient than a mid- or full-sized autopistol. I also carry the 60 in the Mika on my motorcycle, as it fits perfectly into my jacket pocket. I doubt anyone makes a proper protective jacket that could fit a G19 or 1911.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    sometimes i carry a smith 442 or 642 hammerless 38 in my jacket pocket. it can be fired from inside the pocket without ever exposing your weapon to your enemy. if you are being robbed, act scared (cause you will be anyway) and tell them you are reaching for your money. Dont miss!

Top Bottom