Adventures in wet tumbling. There's no going back!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Here is the video of the guy that built his own frame and system. The applesauce jars he uses work great, better than the rubber drums.

If you like listening to 10x the noise I suppose. In my defense I run my tumbler in the basement so the rubber lined drum helps immensely keeping the noise downstairs so the better half doesn't complain. That jar that gentleman is using is ultra loud in comparison.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yep, good catch. Also at SlickGuns for $137. Ericpwp posted this link back on page 5 of this thread.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/f...r-kit-13758-after-code-shop15-and-free-return

Now the difference is only $21. As AngryRooster says, you can also get deals on the HF tumbler, and sometimes projects are fun, but for me, I am all about making it easy! For $21, I am going with the larger, hopefully better-quality tumbler with the built-in strainers.

I was able to order this for $137, but as gmcttr posted, that slickguns link actually takes you to the Jet.com website, where you have enter your first time user code to get that price. A great deal that includes 5 lbs of stainless steel pins.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    At that price I may have to get one. I don't really mind doing the small batches in the HF tumbler, but I could probably find better ways to spend my time.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I was able to order this for $137, but as gmcttr posted, that slickguns link actually takes you to the Jet.com website, where you have enter your first time user code to get that price. A great deal that includes 5 lbs of stainless steel pins.

I received my tumbler/pins yesterday, all for $137, and I received it in 2 days.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Beating the :horse: but more like :cheers: because I sort of became a psyko about getting the color right.

After running 4- 100 rnd batches of 9mm in my 4" PVC pipe modded HF tumbler... It turned out to be what the Lemishine directions stated... too much is not good.

I started using a .22lr casing full of Lemishine and the color is no longer pale. The 'brass' is back.

:ingo:I'm off my :soapbox:.

Top Bottom