• ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Read on through the thread, it was a done deal :D

So, I've been wanting to trade up to something from my Springfield 1911. My ad is on here actually. Well, to the point...I was offered a LNIB .40 USPc in stainless. My first assumption was well, this seems like a great deal. Seems like a USPc would hold it's value better, not to mention, worth more than the gun I have up for trade.

What do you ya'll think? Think it's a no-brainer? Thanks guys.

Figured I might just flip the gun :dunno:

Last edited:

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Well, the upper end Springfield 1911's can run as much brand new as a nice used USP .45 so condition and options make a great deal of difference here. Assuming all things are about average, yeah, you are getting a two to four hundred dollar upgrade. That makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong with the H&K. If there isn't, grab up this deal ASAP IMHO.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Well, the upper end Springfield 1911's can run as much brand new as a nice used USP .45 so condition and options make a great deal of difference here. Assuming all things are about average, yeah, you are getting a two to four hundred dollar upgrade. That makes me wonder if there isn't something wrong with the H&K. If there isn't, grab up this deal ASAP IMHO.

Yeah, I figured it's a great snag. My 1911 is only a Mil-Spec, so it's not exactly a high end model. His USPc is in great condition, low round count, and no carry wear. Thanks for your reply bro.

Last edited:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I just need some reassurance from my INGO pals :(

2qdxs8l.png

NEEDED, lol...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Ok, here you go. It sounds like a reasonable deal. The USP would generally command a higher price, used, than a lower end Springfield 1911 pattern pistol, used. If you don't LIKE your Springfield, it becomes a better deal. If you lust after a USP it becomes a SUPER deal. I'm a fan of 1911 pattern pistols, so for me the commercial price difference isn't as significant, but if I were holding a pistol I didn't really like and had the option of trading straight up for something I might like better that the market prices at a premium, I expect I'd do it.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    It does matter! I always need reassurance from my INGO fam! Shame on you Sir ;)

EDIT: Plus as I stated earlier, I don't want it, I'm just gonna flip it. I'm not a .40 slow and worthless fan :D

A new USPc .40 ss can be had for $750.00. I have seen several used sell around $600.00. Just keep that in mind since you just want to re-sell it.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    A new USPc .40 ss can be had for $750.00. I have seen several used sell around $600.00. Just keep that in mind since you just want to re-sell it.

Thanks man, I figured as much. This particular USPc is in stainless is in great condtion 95% and up. I figured I'd try and trade straight up for a compact 1911(Springfield) or Glock 30SF with night sights plus cash or accessories/ammo. I'm torn between getting cash or trade for this now. :(

Thanks to all who replied!

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Well, for an update: I got the gun. It's immaculate, and I couldn't of asked for a gun to be in better shape from a trade as this one is. It's going up on the block though, I just don't like the caliber it's chambered in. It's not my style. Love the gun, just hate the ammo, go figure.

Anyhow, I feel like I got a great deal. The guy drove to ME 150 miles round trip to take a lesser gun than his on trade. Crazy. I figure now, I'll just try to get a bit of cash or a nice trade for it. Just wanted to share with my INGO bro's AND sisters ;)

Later guys :yesway:

Oh, anyone care for pics?

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Well, for an update: I got the gun. It's immaculate, and I couldn't of asked for a gun to be in better shape from a trade as this one is. It's going up on the block though, I just don't like the caliber it's chambered in. It's not my style. Love the gun, just hate the ammo, go figure.

Anyhow, I feel like I got a great deal. The guy drove to ME 150 miles round trip to take a lesser gun than his on trade. Crazy. I figure now, I'll just try to get a bit of cash or a nice trade for it. Just wanted to share with my INGO bro's AND sisters ;)

Later guys :yesway:

Oh, anyone care for pics?

Always love to see pictures of HK's

What is the date code?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom