• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    the way you call it a "nine" shows me that your respect towards firearms is lacking. please go learn about proper classification of them. have a nice day.

Your response to his comment shows me your respect towards people is lacking. I call my 9mm pistols my "nines" all the time and that doesn't make me a hood or uneducated. Think before you stereotype people bro. :yesway:

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I would suggest, if you are wanting a 9mm, to get a 92 slide and barrel and a couple of mags. The 96 frame will work with 9mm if you swap the slide and mags and would give you a pistol in 9mm that you are already familiar with without buying a complete gun.

Kory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    the way you call it a "nine" shows me that your respect towards firearms is lacking. please go learn about proper classification of them. have a nice day.

What would you call it 9mm Luger? I have no use for the commi European fufu metric or a nazi glorified gun makers name. I suppose I could call it 380 long but no one would understand what I was talking about.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    What would you call it 9mm Luger? I have no use for the commi European fufu metric or a nazi glorified gun makers name. I suppose I could call it 380 long but no one would understand what I was talking about.
    While I agree with the idea that there is nothing there in terms of disrespect, I disagree that calling it a 9MM LUGER is wrong. Some places, clarification can be helpful. And, for me, it is essential, as I own a Glock 26, a Makarov 9X18 (also called a short 9, Makarov 9, and several other things), and a Makarov .380 Auto (also called a 9x17, and several other things). How about a Browning 9MM, a 9 MM Largo, and several other names that all designate one of the potential 9 MM offerings?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    What's the intended purpose of this new firearm? Concealed carry? Home defense? Vehicle defense? Range gun? What are the qualities most important to you? Magazine capacity? Erogonimics? Accuracy? Weight?

It's hard to give advice when we don't understand the motivation behind the pending purchase. When you ask a question like "what handgun should I buy?" without specifics, you'll get several pages of people recommending their pet pistol without any regard for what might actually suit your needs.

On the other hand even when you do give more detailed requirements you'll still get people that will recommend their pet pistol even if it doesn't fall within your guidelines. If you said you wanted a 4" blued .357 revolver some folks will say "get a Glock".

;)

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Your response to his comment shows me your respect towards people is lacking. I call my 9mm pistols my "nines" all the time and that doesn't make me a hood or uneducated. Think before you stereotype people bro. :yesway:
    you just said you call your 9mm pistols "nines". key words ( 9mm Pistols). you made my point in your own response as you tried to flame me. thanks brah.
    or a 9mm. or a para 9. or a 9x19. because measurements are HARD. you say you have no use for the "commi European fufu metric", but in the previous sentence you use the measurement in millimeters.. hmm.. slightly ironic. have a nice day.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    you just said you call your 9mm pistols "nines". key words ( 9mm Pistols). you made my point in your own response as you tried to flame me. thanks brah.

or a 9mm. or a para 9. or a 9x19. because measurements are HARD. you say you have no use for the "commi European fufu metric", but in the previous sentence you use the measurement in millimeters.. hmm.. slightly ironic. have a nice day.

:chillout: Take it outside guys, this is not 'how you make new members feel welcome here. He's asking for advice, not trying to start a flame war over proper terminology. If you don't want to help him, don't pad your post count by putting him down.

Kory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    :chillout: Take it outside guys, this is not 'how you make new members feel welcome here. He's asking for advice, not trying to start a flame war over proper terminology. If you don't want to help him, don't pad your post count by putting him down.

This

Kory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012

I have plenty of respect for firearms but none for bullies.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County

He's making a laughable attempt at sounding intelligent. Anyway back to the topic, my recommendation to you given your original post would be to try out the Ruger SR9c, it's inexpensive, has a much better trigger than a Glock out of the box IMO, has the external safety (said you like 1911's), and is compact and easy to carry.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    but.. but... you didnt quote me word for word.. awww..
    He's making a laughable attempt at sounding intelligent. Anyway back to the topic, my recommendation to you given your original post would be to try out the Ruger SR9c, it's inexpensive, has a much better trigger than a Glock out of the box IMO, has the external safety (said you like 1911's), and is compact and easy to carry.
    or just stating facts..

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The CZ 75B is an awesome platform. I would also recommend the 75 compact. These are all steel handguns that can be carried "cocked and locked" like a 1911 or hammer down on a loaded chamber for double-action goodness. They have excellent triggers, are very dependable and also have 19+1 (with aftermarket Mecgar mags) and 14+1 capacities. These, along with my BHP clone, are my favorite "nines".

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Do you really have 2000 posts since joining 3 months ago, and your like 19 years old? You must have lived one hell of a 19 years to have so much wisdom to share

Look at how many posts he put into this thread alone with no content of any value. My guess is that the 2000 posts come from being unable to keep from hitting the 'reply' button whether or not he has anything to add.

Back on topic: The CZ family is definitely worth looking at. They come in a variety of flavors, calibers and price points. One of my favorites is my AR-24K. That thing is almost as heavy as a full size 1911, but it shoots like a dream and is even more comfortable than a Hi Power. They are not as easy to completely disassemble as a 1911, but are easier to field strip for cleaning.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I really like my beretta 96. I don't particularly like my current 9 mm, a glock 26. I thought I would like to get-trade to another 9. Something tacticool maybe a double/single action but defiantly shorter/beter trigger any ideas? Is the trigger thing because I am trying to mash too much bear paw around a subcompact. I've been thinking about a ppq or p99 but how much I hate the glock trigger is scarring me away from dao. I have a pp I love and a 1911 I like also(so you know my taste).

What's the intended purpose of this new firearm? Concealed carry? Home defense? Vehicle defense? Range gun? What are the qualities most important to you? Magazine capacity? Erogonimics? Accuracy? Weight?

It's hard to give advice when we don't understand the motivation behind the pending purchase. When you ask a question like "what handgun should I buy?" without specifics, you'll get several pages of people recommending their pet pistol without any regard for what might actually suit your needs.

On the other hand even when you do give more detailed requirements you'll still get people that will recommend their pet pistol even if it doesn't fall within your guidelines. If you said you wanted a 4" blued .357 revolver some folks will say "get a Glock".

;)

:welcome:

These threads devolve into people suggesting the only thing they own. Just get out and shoot them all. Decide based on your intended purpose.

Kory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    These threads devolve into people suggesting the only thing they own. Just get out and shoot them all. Decide based on your intended purpose.

Yes I thought I explained my propose. many posters have helped quite a bit. All the cz love startled me with so many glowing recommends I am considering one for sure.

I went from:dunno: to:rockwoot:

Top Bottom