• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ltgummy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Hello,

I am a new member to INGunOwners and was hoping to get some advice from some more seasoned members on a few things in particular:

1) I was planning on attending my first gun show in about a month (probably the South Bend show since it's close to where I live) and was wondering if there were any tips, advice, or etiquette that people would offer for a good experience and purchases.

2) I was particularly interested in trying to pick a .22 lr handgun. I currently own a Glock 17 Gen 4 (w/ new RSA) and wanted to get something that I could shoot cheaply that has an option to be suppressed (out of respect for the neighbors). I have been doing some research and keep hearing the Walther P-22, Sig Sauer Mosquito, Browning Buck Mark and Ruger 22/45 & Mk II/III come up. Given that I have a 9mm for SD, my focus was getting something that mounted the suppressor easily (i.e. do not need to deal with getting barrels threaded or shipped), was affordable, and that had decent reliability. From my novice perspective it would seem that the P-22 and Mosquito would fit my requirements a bit better since they tend to be a bit cheaper than the Rugers and Browning I would need to just purchase the suppressor and thread adapter (someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong). The trade-off being in accuracy & sound w/ P-22 and reliability w/ Mosquito. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations that people might have especially concerning what fair price would be for one at show or shop (if there's a difference).

3) Which suppressor offers the best performance on the P-22 and Mosquito? My main requirements be that I can disassemble it for cleaning and that it not break the bank. I have heard good things about Tac65 but really do not know enough to have an opinion. Also, I was wondering about thread adapters. Any suggestions concerning these items and what I should expect to pay.

Sorry, for the long post but I appreciate any information the forum can provide. Thanks again and Good shooting!

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Don't call a mag a clip and don't call the LTCH a permit .... there are some others, but those are the BIGGIES!

And WELCOME!~!!! You will get a lot of great info and answers .... much better than mine.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Welcome to INGO!

"there were any tips, advice, or etiquette that people would offer for a good experience and purchases."

Good info so far already.
    For me, I would add, please do not pick up anything off of a table without asking the seller first.
    This is just a courtesy, but IMO, it really makes things go easier on both sides.

IMO, the price on items at a GS are the ASKING price--not necessarily the SELLING price. With this in mind, I always offer a lower price+see where it leads.

If the seller gets gruff, or put out of joint, I just say thanks+walk away.

To me price dickering is just part of the show and is fun--If the seller does NOT want to have fun, I just walk away!!

Again, Welcome to INGO...Go to your Gun Shows+HAVE FUN....Bill.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Do you have a friend to go to the show with you? If not or if your friend is not that well versed on guns and gun shows maybe you could post up on INGO and go with another member. Also you might check to see if any INGO sponsors will be set up at the show and try to give them your business. If they are an INGO member I'm sure they will steer you in the right direction and give you solid advice. Many will also give you an INGO discount. Good luck and welcome aboard! :yesway: :welcome: :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom