• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have for sale a Winchester Super Grade unfired. I have been contacted by a prospective buyer in Iowa that has offered to pay me my asking price and fees on both ends to ship FFL to FFL. Being an old fart I am extremely reluctant because of reading so much about scams over the net. If I where to consent to do this what would be the best method of payment? Anyone having done this type of transaction all advice appreciated.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The only way I would accept is by an USPS Money Order. I wouldn't ship until you get the USPS MO and deposit it. I have made multiple deals on other gunsites/Gunbroker and that is how I conduct business. Good Luck!

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    I only take postal money orders, you can cash them at the post office. If they send any other type of check including a cashiers check I would wait to ship after 7-10 days. Good luck!

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Postal money order is the best way to go. like someone else said you can cash em at the post office. A firearm is one of those things to be absolutely certain about

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Postal Money Order. There is an 800 number you can call to make sure it is legit. I have called it before on MO's that were for a large amt. (over 1000 dollars). It is pretty simple really. Have him send the MO with the FFL's info where to ship it. Box it up, ship it. I always use delievery conf. and sometimes I do buy the insurance on anything over $1000 dollars.

I have sold plenty on gunbroker.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I agree with Postal Money Order but be warned if you live in small town America your PO might not have that amount of money. I couldn't cash a $125 Postal MO a year or so ago and was told that smaller locations wont keep tat amount around anymore because most use debit or cash cards! Seriously

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    USPS Money Order protects both parties. The seller is receiving known good funds and the buyer has protection via USPS fraud laws/investigative services.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I agree with Postal Money Order but be warned if you live in small town America your PO might not have that amount of money. I couldn't cash a $125 Postal MO a year or so ago and was told that smaller locations wont keep tat amount around anymore because most use debit or cash cards! Seriously

I have found this to be true at most of the P.O.'s in Indy, I usually call the 800 number and then deposit it in my bank acct. I have gotten some smaller ones cashed, usually less than $100 dollars.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Another option is to state that you will wait for check to clear the bank before shipping item . Many sellers use that option. Usps. money orders are backed by the post office but it may take a year to track it down and get your money back

Top Bottom