• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    I have been carrying a full size case sodbuster everyday for years and I love the quality of the steel. I bought a "tactical" knife from a guy at work and the ease of opening was nice however, the edge holding sucked, it would take a good edge it just wouldn't last. I carried it as well as my case for about three weeks and I flicked it open one time and the blade flew off. I'm looking for recommendations on something with at least a four inch blade that will lock up tight with no wiggle that can cut stuff, scrape gaskets, loosen the occasional screw and will hold an edge. I'm willing to spend $100.00 and will consider saving for longer if additional money is necessary. I work in places wear firearm carry (at least by law abiding citizens) is forbidden.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have a Case Sodbuster that I have had for over 30 years, I agree with you great knife. For a tatical and if you are willing to spend the money Benchmade is one of the finest factory knives you can buy. Made in USA too. Carry mine on a daily basis.

Welcome to Benchmade.com

There are also alot of good knifes that could be considered tatical for less money. Most of the major brands make good knifes that are quik to open. Buck and Cold Steel both make good knives. I have a Kershaw Blackout that I carry on a regular basis when I'm not carring my Benchmade.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sounds like you need a good multitool...lol. But if you want a tactical...

I have a RAT Model 1 that needs a home...shoot me a pm with your snail mail addy and it's yours. It is made of good honest AUS 8 that will sharpen like Case CV does and holds an edge well. G-10 scales and a good linerlock. Pocket clip allows for tip up or tip down, left or right hand carry. I got this as part of a lot buy and tacticals aren't my thing so it needs a good home.

rat1a.jpg

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Sounds like you need a good multitool...lol. But if you want a tactical...

I have a RAT Model 1 that needs a home...shoot me a pm with your snail mail addy and it's yours. It is made of good honest AUS 8 that will sharpen like Case CV does and holds an edge well. G-10 scales and a good linerlock. Pocket clip allows for tip up or tip down, left or right hand carry. I got this as part of a lot buy and tacticals aren't my thing so it needs a good home.

rat1a.jpg

no use experience on this one, these are hard to find and everyone loves them!

and, sometimes, tactical knives just aren't what someone wants! a ton of soldiers and grunts still carry buck 110s in war.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    scrapers and pry bars aren't always to hand. I've been carrying a knife every day since I was 8. Kids today will probably have do all cell phones in the future. The fix it myself attitude has been slipping away for some time now. I just put new batteries in the baby swing with my sodbuster:):

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I have been carrying a full size case sodbuster everyday for years and I love the quality of the steel. I bought a "tactical" knife from a guy at work and the ease of opening was nice however, the edge holding sucked, it would take a good edge it just wouldn't last. I carried it as well as my case for about three weeks and I flicked it open one time and the blade flew off. I'm looking for recommendations on something with at least a four inch blade that will lock up tight with no wiggle that can cut stuff, scrape gaskets, loosen the occasional screw and will hold an edge. I'm willing to spend $100.00 and will consider saving for longer if additional money is necessary. I work in places wear firearm carry (at least by law abiding citizens) is forbidden.

A Buck 110, about $30 at any MaoMart in the state, Dick's, McSports, Gander Mtn, what ever. Made in the USA

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    451 that is a very generous offer you made tot he op. very squared away on your part and the rat folder is a very solid knife. i can't wait for for the izula folder to come out its gonna be awesome. also people don't sleep on the pico wiggy bar i have one and use it atleast 2 times a day for stuff i would have always used my knife for before.

again 451 nice offer from you sir

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    scrapers and pry bars aren't always to hand. I've been carrying a knife every day since I was 8. Kids today will probably have do all cell phones in the future. The fix it myself attitude has been slipping away for some time now. I just put new batteries in the baby swing with my sodbuster:):
    I would use my old phone as a door stop when taking the trash out through back door of the dorms my freshman year... Does this count? :D

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    451 that is a very generous offer you made tot he op. very squared away on your part and the rat folder is a very solid knife. i can't wait for for the izula folder to come out its gonna be awesome. also people don't sleep on the pico wiggy bar i have one and use it atleast 2 times a day for stuff i would have always used my knife for before.

again 451 nice offer from you sir

I seem to end up with knives I never carry at times and normally give them away. I give away 5-6 a year in various forums...this is my first giveaway here at INGO...it's good karma and lord knows I can use all that as I can get...lol.

The pry bar is one of the handiest little tools I have ever bought, I must have over half a dozen in various sizes spread through my gear and on lanyard on my more often used outdoor knives...

demo1a.jpg

smallprybars-1.jpg

Top Bottom