• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Scheduled windshield replacement yesterday couldn't be completed due to rust at the top of frame where the glass is seated(see photos). Only advice I've been given so far would be to contact an auto body shop which would mean getting the car to the location by transport vehicle(cannot drive the car for obvious reasons) and paying out of pocket $$$, which I'm not able to afford. Insurance will pay for the windshield replacement but not the auto body work. If you or someone you may know would be able to get this done you can PM me w/price quote or any other ideas would be much appreciated. Location is near east side Indy. This is my only means of transportation, so it needs to get done ASAP.
    Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• wdshld2.JPG
      wdshld2.JPG
      329.7 KB · Views: 20
    • wdshld3.JPG
      wdshld3.JPG
      165.3 KB · Views: 19
    • wdshld4.JPG
      wdshld4.JPG
      143.9 KB · Views: 25
    • wdshld1.JPG
      wdshld1.JPG
      490.9 KB · Views: 22

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    gunman is correct. Your're going to need the sheet metal replaced, which probably (depending on the vehicle) means replacing the roof. The upper part of the windshield frame is actually the roof. Price will again depend on the vehicle, cost of parts, etc. I would guess around $1500-2000 (I run an auto-body shop). Post the year, make and model of the car and I'll run it through my estimating system and give you a better idea if you'd like.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Had that done to my 1966 FORD GALAXIE 500, my father-in-law had a bodyshop, he welded new sheet metal to the rusted area & had it formed. He didn't even charged me a penny

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    If no insurance and no money for metal repair then as desperation it can be fixed to work until the metal of the roof caves completely. Use silicone to seat the window on both sides. Not pretty but functional. You also may be able to fiberglass or fill with tube liquid metal where the metal is missing. Since I was buying, I had Glass Masters ( Windshield Replacement Indianapolis, IN - Get the Best Price Now! 317-387-4000 - FREE Instant Quote!) install mine for 1/2 the price of other glass companies. Take it out to Porter Ridge, them boyz could fix it LOL :):

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Called Glass Master's and have an appt. for replacement tomorrow. Told them about the rust issue. They'll fix it regardless and insurance will cover.
    thanks 4sarge

Top Bottom