• Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Animals are indeed ruthless.

just think about the grass (its living) that you kill when you walk on it
    what about the bugs you kill while you drive down the road on a summer night?
    I mean hell its all living isnt it???
    if your gonna stick up for **** dont pick and choose go large
    protect it all

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    22 lever action with shorts. it hurts em enough to associate the place as a NONO. hit em in the head and theyll die. velocity isnt a big issue with 600 fps ammo depending on how large the estate is.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    22 lever action with shorts. it hurts em enough to associate the place as a NONO. hit em in the head and theyll die. velocity isnt a big issue with 600 fps ammo depending on how large the estate is.

^^^^^This^^^^^

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    See somehow i just knew there would be a bleeding hart in here some where. Always is
    Dude animals are animals , they are not humans

animals are animals, you are correct. Killing yotes is fine. I get it. hell i would jump at the chance to go hunt them. However, why not put them down clean. There is no need for its last seconds alive to be gasping water into its lungs. Thats just cruel.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Once you get the coyote in the live trap a long underwater swin in the local pond does wonders. I do that with skunks so they don't spray.

Might be wrong, but it seems like you could get in almost as much trouble getting caught doing this as just popping a round into them (probably more trouble than if you took them out of city limits to pop them.)

I understand doing it, but it seems likely to draw complaints to the local PD given the size of the cage and the fact that some idiot seeing you would likely confuse the yote with a dog. Of course, none of this matters if you are not seen.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Didn't read the whole thread but baiting coyotes is NOT legal. Best bet is to find a local trapper that needs some more ground to set traps on. Lotsa folks will do it for the hides and experience.

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    could always try a .22 cal bolt action with a sub sonic .22 round actually pretty quiet compared to a reg .22. quick and easy you should only need 1-2 shots nobody is gonna call that in when they hear it its gonna sound like an air rifle

Top Bottom