Advice with bolt action rifles from Ruger and Savage.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    MM, that's a handy looking little carbine package. Handy, affordable, and packs a good punch. I've had good luck with Nikon scopes too, on a lot of my rifles. I have more expensive ones, but Nikons are pretty darn nice glass for the price. I like that muzzle comp too. I need to look at those for a couple of my rifles.

Thanks ! Yup, it is a handy package. I've had that Nikon scope for many years...... and have moved it between different platforms. It never disappoints.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Mine just has an inexpensive Nikon AR 3-9X BDC scope, and I added an Aero Precision muzzle comp and an Amish-made leather sling. The trigger is decent enough.
    I'm good to go !

i-5LNZGP7-X2.jpg

i-xWDt7Pt-XL.jpg

Do you have a link for the muzzle comp ? A quick search came up empty. Also is there any significant change with it added ?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Mine just has an inexpensive Nikon AR 3-9X BDC scope, and I added an Aero Precision muzzle comp and an Amish-made leather sling. The trigger is decent enough.
    I'm good to go !

i-5LNZGP7-X2.jpg

i-xWDt7Pt-XL.jpg

Do you have a link for the muzzle comp ? A quick search came up empty. Also is there any significant change with it added ?

You bet ! .....here's one on Brownells.

Link:https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...15-gamma-556-muzzle-brake-5-56-prod84514.aspx
    (these are made by a division of Aero Precision)

I never shot the rifle before​ shooting it with the comp. However, comparing it to an AR15 with a standard flash hider, there is much less muzzle rise and recoil.

Top Bottom