• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Just a thought, but if you have any sort of class that would have a 'paper' that needs to be written that could incorporate guns then you could go to the campus police with the theoretical question of how to obtain permission and it would be part of your class work.

However, I would make sure that before I told such a lie that I did have a class that could justify writing such paper and I would have an outline for such paper and I probably would write such paper.

Creative writing course would be easy. But if you are an economics major you could study the economy of guns or something to that effect.

This is what i want to do. The only problem is I don't have a class right now that I could do this in. Next semester I will be taking another communications class so I'm sure I'll be able to do a speech on it.

I can hide my G19 very well, I just don't want to possibility of my shirt coming up a bit too high. I have a perfect pocket on my backpack that fits my gun with the holster perfectly, what do you guys think? I know, my pack will never leave my sight for any circumstances.

Thanks for all they input everyone. Keep them coming!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Many moons ago I carried at one of our fine institutions of higher learning.

No one ever gave me a rule book, and I never asked for one. I don't know if there was a policy or not at the time... Perhaps I was a bit naive, but I never thought to ask the question... but it was a different time (not so long ago) and the internet had yet to take off with easy access to laws and things we now take for granted.

I started carrying the day I got my license (a full size S&W 411 in a IWB). Your G19 would be an easier carry option, and much easier to conceal when going untucked.

I do not like off-body carry myself, and I would avoid it whenever I could.

I thought myself a bit of a loon at the time for thinking that some deranged lunatic might just start walking into classrooms and randomly shooting people.

It's not hard at all to stay concealed. Just this last saturday we were in a place with probably 150 people in a classroom environment. When we got home, my wife gave me a hug cuz she had to take off for work and asked, "Have you had that on all day?"

Yup.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I worked w/ some IU officers a couple of times and they told me that IU won't even allow THEM to carry on campus, off duty! I seriously doubt that you'll be "authorized", but you can ask if you like.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I worked w/ some IU officers a couple of times and they told me that IU won't even allow THEM to carry on campus, off duty! I seriously doubt that you'll be "authorized", but you can ask if you like.

Yup, my impression as well. Only time I have seen officers carry was during one of my summer Criminal Justice classes. There were some days where the guy had to leave early to go on duty, so he was full uniform and gun those days.

Roubenbird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Did you guys have an empty holster day? At IUPUI last semester we had one to get awareness out there. IUPUI states no Guns either but I thought there was some legislation about that coming up.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Did you guys have an empty holster day? At IUPUI last semester we had one to get awareness out there. IUPUI states no Guns either but I thought there was some legislation about that coming up.

No we didn't have one that I know of, yea i heard about that legislation SB 11 and SB 12 unfortunately it sounds like it's not going to get a hearing :xmad:. We can still write and send e-mails to hopefully keep these alive.

These links talk explain it and one keep getting an update on where it is and how it is doing. Looks like it needs some help!

Indiana Senate Bills 0011 and 0012 - Glock Talk

2nd Amendment Patriot e-mail about SB11 & SB12 - Glock Talk

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008

OK so I was in SL about to take a test for Chemistry last semester, and there's one of those LCD's going through all the news stuff there. Well I saw the announcement about the Empty Holster day but didn't finish reading it before it changed screens. I was looking all over the IUPUI website for the information but never found it...when was it?

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Carry concealed with a good iwb holster and you're good to go. What the campus police don't know won't alarm them. That being said ill be damned I get killed in a ****in classroom

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    When I was doing my undergrad at Purdue from 2003 to 2007 I was struggling with this same dilemma. I decided that I had enough invested in school that it wasn't worth the risk. I kept a baton on me pretty much all the time as well as a good solid folding knife. I will say that some nights going to the lab or meetings late at night, and leaving early in the morning may have required a "change" in my personal policy a few times.

It makes sense to say your life is worth more than school. It certainly is. Although statistically you're chance of being in a situation to use it is very slim, and the chance of you getting kicked out if it is found is about 100%. For me, it wasn't worth it. Now I'm still at Purdue but with an off-campus Masters, so it is the best of both worlds. Get the education without the rules!

Top Bottom