• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Does anybody know what's going on with the AES Indiana billing system?

I made a payment yesterday that is not acknowledged in my Account Activity, and my bank shows no record of it either.
    LUCKY I got the Reference Number of the payment.

My wife owns a house and hasn't gotten a bill this month, so she called AES.
    They told her that some people haven't gotten a Bill since November.

I UNDERSTAND the billing system is being upgraded.
    WHY WOULD A PROPERLY RUN COMPANY COMPANY PUT A SYSTEM INTO PRODUCTION BEFORE THEY EVEN KNOW IF IT WORKS PROPERLY?
    IT'S LIKE THE INCOMPETENCE IN THIS WORLD JUST GETS WORSE AS TIME GOES ON.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've run into this type of thinking in my job. Seems there's never enough time to do it "right", but there's always enough time to go back and fix what's wrong.
    In a past life I worked at a medical electronics related company and we had a software department of all Purdue CS grads.
    All their code was in C.

They would send us buggy code and when confronted, would say "well, my time is too valuable to test my code!".

I myself did assembly language code, BIOS Code, and C hardware interface libraries.
    NOTHING I did was passed on until I was sure it worked properly.
    I ONLY ask of others what I do myself.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In a past life I worked at a medical electronics related company and we had a software department of all Purdue CS grads.
    All their code was in C.

They would send us buggy code and when confronted, would say "well, my time is too valuable to test my code!".

I myself did assembly language code, BIOS Code, and C hardware interface libraries.
    NOTHING I did was passed on until I was sure it worked properly.
    I ONLY ask of others what I do myself.
    When I was a programmer (COBOL), we had to test everything 9 ways from Sunday before we said it was ready for QA testing. Now that I'm a QA tester, it seems that programming has abandoned that standard. The programming team lead (my former supervisor) is one of the worst about it. :n00b: I've confronted him about it by asking him to show me the job he ran or which test file he used or which database save off he used... no answers!

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    You may want to check the account number on your account. One of the changes with their upgrade on billing was to change to new account numbers. Who knows if your payment used your old account number if it gets posted to your new account number.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You may want to check the account number on your account. One of the changes with their upgrade on billing was to change to new account numbers. Who knows if your payment used your old account number if it gets posted to your new account number.
    I just checked.
    My account number was changed by the December bill.
    I hadn't noticed that until you told me.
    BUT all of online my payments went through with no problem til now.

Though I don't see anything in the Account Activity page, I do NOW see a record of my scheduled payment in the View/Edit Online Payments.
    This gives me some comfort to know my payment didn't get "lost in the ether". :)

What threw me was I saw NO acknowledgment of my payment, and all I had was the confirmation number that I took a screenshot of when I didn't get an email and text confirmation.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just checked.
    My account number was changed by the December bill.
    I hadn't noticed that until you told me.

Though I don't see anything in the Account Activity page, I do NOW see a record of my scheduled payment in the View/Edit Online Payments.
    This gives me some comfort to know my payment didn't get "lost in the ether". :)

What threw me was I saw NO acknowledgment of my payment, and all I had was the confirmation number that I took a screenshot of when I didn't get an email and text confirmation.
    I had forgotten about the account number change. I had to go change it in my credit union's bill pay system.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I haven't had any issues. Personally, I give any payment 72 hours to confirm before I even consider there might be an issue.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I haven't had any issues. Personally, I give any payment 72 hours to confirm before I even consider there might be an issue.
    I've always paid online, and every time until this time I got an email and a text acknowledging I made a payment within minutes.
    I still haven't gotten an email or a text yet and I paid yesterday morning.

Top Bottom