• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Anyone else feel a strong desire to form a group to go fight ISIS in the middle east?

I'm < 30. I am mildly Christian. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. I'm not married, no kids, no super duper career path. I have a house, dog 'n cat, truck, and that's about it. I don't have any desire to join the military to play by our Geneva Convention rules but I'm sick and tired of reading about be-headings and terrorist attacks, and I sure as hell don't want to grow a beard...

Am I crazy for feeling a willingness to sacrifice my life to fight these goofballs? Yes...Yes I am. This is a crazy notion because the rest of the logical, humane world, is choosing to accept ISIS/Extremist ISLAM/ISLAM. However, I suppose the real problem begins here at home. If the US chooses to accept/acknowledge/tolerate what these people are doing, then the rest of the world is bound to follow.

I suppose we (myself and anyone who feels like I do) are better served to wait until they strike our Cafe at State and Main and hope that we are there too, effecting our right to defend our lives and our freedom. I imagine that day will come upon us soon enough. Are we ready?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A great deal of people went to fight the enemy after 9/11, but they chose a branch of the military. What kind of training do you have that will prevent you from losing your neck? I won't even ask what "mildly Christian" is, but know those guys aren't anything close to mild.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I'm sure I'd loose my neck but I think I could get a few of them first.

I took the two day NRA basic pistol and basic carry course from a guy in Acton. "Mildly Christian" means I was raised Catholic but don't follow the rigorous and dedicated rituals that the Catholic church would like.

If you look at what ISIS and these other groups are doing, they're taking small handful or less groups and wreaking havoc. These "terrorists" aren't Navy Seals. They aren't Army Rangers. They are everyday idiots that believe they're doing the world a favor. Wouldn't that same tactic against them be as affective?

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I may just be trying to get to 50 posts so I can get that suhweet Gen4 G22 for $500!!!

You're definitely new here. The real way to affect change in the ME is to choose a different path and demand others go in your place.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    With the number of high speed, low drag, operators on YouTube, one would think that we could get an "Expendables" level operator team together, made up of patriots spanning coast-to-coast to go over there and kick some butt. (me included with my NRA expertise)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    With the number of high speed, low drag, operators on YouTube, one would think that we could get an "Expendables" level operator team together, made up of patriots spanning coast-to-coast to go over there and kick some butt. (me included with my NRA expertise)

It's only the right thing to do if it's sanctioned by the government.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anyone else feel a strong desire to form a group to go fight ISIS in the middle east?
    I'm < 30. I am mildly Christian. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. I'm not married, no kids, no super duper career path. I have a house, dog 'n cat, truck, and that's about it. I don't have any desire to join the military to play by our Geneva Convention rules but I'm sick and tired of reading about be-headings and terrorist attacks, and I sure as hell don't want to grow a beard...

Am I crazy for feeling a willingness to sacrifice my life to fight these goofballs? Yes...Yes I am. This is a crazy notion because the rest of the logical, humane world, is choosing to accept ISIS/Extremist ISLAM/ISLAM. However, I suppose the real problem begins here at home. If the US chooses to accept/acknowledge/tolerate what these people are doing, then the rest of the world is bound to follow.

I suppose we (myself and anyone who feels like I do) are better served to wait until they strike our Cafe at State and Main and hope that we are there too, effecting our right to defend our lives and our freedom. I imagine that day will come upon us soon enough. Are we ready?
    Have you looked into enlisting in the Israeli military?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    YEEEEEAH buddy we needed another ISIS thread!

But joking aside, OP... I was thinking this exact thing last week, and I was thinking of making a thread similar to it.

I honestly don't know what I can do to *help*...

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    You can start "helping" by not giving legitimacy to their "holy war"... You wanna go over there and stop them, then call it what it is.. "I want to go kill people with beliefs different from my own that are killing innocents and causing chaos in the Middle East." To that I would say, Go east, stop when you hit desert...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I applaud your initiative. But you don't wanna go over there man. You dont wanna get your head cut off. I've already said these same words to a friend who had a lot more experience than you do and he is now dead. Take my advice.

Top Bottom