After being held hostage for over a decade, 3 girls are found.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Rumor??? I heard or read earlier that there was 6 year old that belonged to one of the ladies.

I read that in another (updated?) article today too.

In spite of the making light of the situation up thread, this really is a sickening tragedy. I'm a fan of Criminal Minds television show. And some of the crimes get waaaaaay out there. I often think: who thinks these things up? Does that **** really happen? I tell myself it doesn't really happen all that often, and almost never to the degree that occurs on the show, probably just to make myself feel better. And then something like this comes to light. And I just hate it. I feel dirty. And I'm not convinced there's not a little bit of something akin to survivor's guilt.

Of course, I almost always think to myself at least once during the show, "Well, if she had been armed that probably wouldn't have happened."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw a pic of these stone age A$$ Clowns.
    Had to be an absolutely horrible experience. How does a person recover their life and mental stability.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Of course, I almost always think to myself at least once during the show, "Well, if she had been armed that probably wouldn't have happened."

I think most of this community thinks that during those shows, but when you are a teenager, you often aren't afforded those options.

Even if she was 18 (I don't know the legal age to carry in OH), what if she was walking home from HS school when she was abducted?

I'm not saying that was the case here, but I didn't see anything in the article about when/where any of them were kidnapped.

I just have trouble even trying to fathom being in any of those girl's or their parent's situation(s). Death would be too good for that POS. 10 years of torture wouldn't even come close to an eye for an eye IMO.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Isn't this story just gut wrenching?! There is truly evil in some animals on this earth. I pray these girls can find peace and happiness for the rest of their days and will one day not look over their shoulders in fear as a habit. I loved the guy who rescued the girl!! Just a real human being with love in his heart. He is so generous about the reward money and proud that he has a job and worked for his! But I still hope the guy takes something and hopefully eases his life if just for a bit. He's welcome for dinner at my house or a trip to the china buffet anytime!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really couldn't give less of a **** that the media is pointing out Ramsey has "multiple domestic battery" charges.

Big deal. He saved these people. That doesn't make him less of a good guy.

God I hate our media.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Isn't this story just gut wrenching?! There is truly evil in some animals on this earth. I pray these girls can find peace and happiness for the rest of their days and will one day not look over their shoulders in fear as a habit. I loved the guy who rescued the girl!! Just a real human being with love in his heart. He is so generous about the reward money and proud that he has a job and worked for his! But I still hope the guy takes something and hopefully eases his life if just for a bit. He's welcome for dinner at my house or a trip to the china buffet anytime!

I will by for you and him at the "Super China" buffet any day.

Did I hear right....the butt muncher's in the drive by media are saying he has multiple domestic battery's......so what. What the hell does that have to do with this story. Do we always have to dig up all the skeletons on every one. Why do they not do this with the politicians. That to me is a target rich environment.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Too bad the guy who was being called a hero for helping out turned out to be a serial wife beater who owes a ton of money in child support. Makes it hard to call him a hero anymore.

I'm sure others have already expressed similar sentiment, but crap like this brings out the worst in me. It makes me think very unChristian things and wish we could occasionally suspend the 8th Amendment. They are reporting he gave them cake on the anniversary of their abductions... I'd like to drop about 50 boxes of cake mix in front of him and tell him he's going to be my ***** for a loooong time. Death is too good for this guy.

EDIT: Just noticed people already mentioned the multiple domestic battery convictions... sorry, I disagree. Just because you helped someone out once doesn't mean you are a "good guy" when you spent the rest of your life beating people you are supposed to love. Yes, it was great he helped, yes I would thank him if given the opportunity. But lets not go overboard calling someone a hero because he offered basic assistance to someone. What it does show is that even jerks will rise to the occasion in an emergency situation.

EDIT 2: To put it in perspective... I bet the kidnapper has helped someone before too. If he called 911 for someone having a heart attack, would that make him a "good guy"?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom