• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    I've noticed that most of the aftermarket stocks for AKs (Tapco, e.g.) seem to angle downward in relation to the bore. Is there a reason for this beyond just preserving the lines of the original Russian models? Does it improve/detract from good eye relief on the sights? Are there any with a straighter angle? Thanks.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've noticed that most of the aftermarket stocks for AKs (Tapco, e.g.) seem to angle downward in relation to the bore. Is there a reason for this beyond just preserving the lines of the original Russian models? Does it improve/detract from good eye relief on the sights? Are there any with a straighter angle? Thanks.

The original fixed stocks and the underfolders have somewhat of a downward angle, as well. If you put a straight stock on an AK, it will actually angle upward slightly in relation to the bore. No effect on function, but looks a little funny.

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones

thats kinda of why i've never been that good of a shot with a ak. all of the sight's , scope and rail , are all high and make it harder to shoot . so i drilled a cheek pad on my tapco . works better now.

here picy
    funtoys003.th.jpg

Last edited:

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Well, that's two different stories there.

I do notice that the elevated portion of my AK's (WASR-10) stock is more or less in line with the bore, and that seems to line up OK. (But a different style of stock would still be nice, hence the thread.) So I don't know that the downward angle would be very helpful.

So... does anyone know of a good aftermarket stock that doesn't angle that way?

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Top Bottom