• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    With all that be'in said, any reason why the steel guide rod is made, or replaced?

The added weight at the front of the gun aids to reduce felt recoil. I replaced the factory guide rod on my G26 with a tungsten assembly. used the same spring weight as factory. Helped greatly to smooth out the shooting. Buy a factory recoil assembly and compare back to back with the stainless one. See which one feels better to you.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Since the thread is revived anyway. I had a Glock 35 that I would use a full length guide rod and non captured 15 lb round wire spring. The slide had enough weight that when I used the 9mm conversion barrel or lightly loaded Tulammo the ejected cases would not fly out. Lightening the spring a bit really helped. Keep in mind this was a range gun only! The extra weight may have helped with muzzle flip. Most shooters will not notice the difference.

My Glock 23 only has factory parts. Glock OEM recoil springs are less then $10. I do not recommend lightening springs in defensive guns.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Gotta love Yeager's optimism ("Glocktimism"). He has stovepipes and FTF stoppages, and plastic parts melt and fall out, and he claims that is a "testament to Glock reliability."

By your logic AR's and AK's are crap because i can melt gastubes and handguards when doing mag dumps on them also ?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I think the main reason people replace the guide rod with stainless is because of that Yeager video-- we all know how important it is that your rod endure more than 700rds in a row. Think of a typical self defense situation-- when you empty that 699th round, do you want to wonder if you are risking your life?

I would consider replacing one only as a means to enable fiddling with different springs rates. I'd be perfectly happy with an assortment of stock rods with varying springs from which to choose.

H

Top Bottom