• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    so I'm 19 and have been buying .22lr ammo since I was 18. I just got back from walmart and mijier and both places claimed that I had to be 21 to buy it?!?! not sure if laws have changed or not, but I havent had any problems with buying .22lr's in the past. so yeah has something changed? thanks for the help.
    TW

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I've never had any trouble buying .22lr, on occasion they've asked if it was for pistol or rifle, so...just say rifle.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    You just tell em its for a rifle, you can buy rifle ammo at 18yrs. Most times they just go "o ok, my bad" but you can always ask for a manager. I know thats what I did for many years.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Back when I was a kid they always asked if it was for a rifle or pistol, and acted accordingly. I guess they just cant hire good help these days......

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    so I'm 19 and have been buying .22lr ammo since I was 18. I just got back from walmart and mijier and both places claimed that I had to be 21 to buy it?!?! not sure if laws have changed or not, but I havent had any problems with buying .22lr's in the past. so yeah has something changed? thanks for the help.
    TW
    Ronald Reagan, signed, a bill, some years ago, getting rid of having to sign, for .22 ammo ..... Now, just like everybody says, 18, for rifle, and 21, for handgun .....
    When they ring you up, at Wal-Mart, at least, it comes up, in the register, and they push a button, and transaction, complete .....

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    Ronald Reagan, signed, a bill, some years ago, getting rid of having to sign, for .22 ammo ..... Now, just like everybody says, 18, for rifle, and 21, for handgun .....
    When they ring you up, at Wal-Mart, at least, it comes up, in the register, and they push a button, and transaction, complete .....

Is that you, William Shatner?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I bought some 22LR Auto Match the other day at China Mart and the girl asked "Is this for a pistol?" I said no it's for a rifle. She "OK, I need to get a gun, do you have many?" I told her I had a few. She just laughed. She then asked if I had one on and I just raised my shirt enough for her to see part of my Sig. She said "Cool" and giggled. That was my thrill of the day. Sucks gettin old!!! :cool:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    uh

I bought some 22LR Auto Match the other day at China Mart and the girl asked "Is this for a pistol?" I said no it's for a rifle. She "OK, I need to get a gun, do you have many?" I told her I had a few. She just laughed. She then asked if I had one on and I just raised my shirt enough for her to see part of my Sig. She said "Cool" and giggled. That was my thrill of the day. Sucks gettin old!!! :cool:

The other option sucks worse. Just ask old Sammy bin hidin'! (OBL)
    He ain't gettin any older.:yesway:

The Gavman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I buy ammo from Walmart all the time and I don't recall ever being carded I think some of the people at walmart are too lazy to go find the keys to the ammo cabinet imo so they just say you are too young

cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    yeah I just dont get it. I been asked the rifle or pistol question, but I've never walked out of the store empty handed. funny thing is they got the ammo out of the case then asked for my i.d a the checkout... I dont think I look older than 21...

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    should of dropped your trousers right there, and said this is my rifle this is my gun....

I have never been asked whether or not it was for a pistol or rifle though.

Top Bottom