• Total voters

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If surgery can be done robotically so can all that.

I am not talking tomorrow but before we retire…
    Robotic surgery is still controlled by the doctors though. The machines aren't diagnosing, prescribing the surgery, etc.. Right now the advantage is the precision with which some of the robots can do the surgery.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Robotic surgery is still controlled by the doctors though. The machines aren't diagnosing, prescribing the surgery, etc.. Right now the advantage is the precision with which some of the robots can do the surgery.
    Guys, I’m looking at the future, not today. Absolutely engineering and writing code will be done by AI. You may not recognize it but prescriptions are already being managed by the insurance company and soon their computer will manage it, you just still have a human interface right now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Anything that involves being creative and or working quickly with what you have. AI evaluates what it's been told or what it can find out on the internet.
    AI is learning technology. Did you read the articles in the first post?

Even those working on it admit it is going faster than humans can adapt, and I wonder, understand…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

@MindfulMan ;)
    A little over twenty years ago I was using a phone that was two inches thick that talked 30 minutes and the plan was about 30 minutes of talk time. For over ten I have had a phone that is a full on computer in my pocket.

A lot of these posts seem like they are afraid to even discuss what is happening…

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well.. the movies show all the possible ways this goes..

It goes mad immediately and tries to kill us. (Terminator)
    They rebel later and try and kill us (Battlestar Galactica)
    They become the new servant class of legal slaves and serve us forever more (Star Wars)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A little over twenty years ago I was using a phone that was two inches thick that talked 30 minutes and the plan was about 30 minutes of talk time. For over ten I have had a phone that is a full on computer in my pocket.

A lot of these posts seem like they are afraid to even discuss what is happening…
    Okay, back on track. :): I had one of those "brick" phones too. A Motorola IIRC, with the "extra life" battery (read an inch thick on its own). But it was amazing at the time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Okay, back on track. :): I had one of those "brick" phones too. A Motorola IIRC, with the "extra life" battery (read an inch thick on its own). But it was amazing at the time.
    I had a cord that connected it to my fax machine so I could fax from a mobile phone.

My first was a bag phone but I never had a military field phone style…

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Plumbers, electricians, auto mechanics, construction... at least not right now. Computer programming? Probably not, especially with legacy languages like COBOL, at least not without human interaction.
    You'd be surprised at how much code AI can write. Still takes someone to review it a bit, but classic programming with some of these features being enabled in Github and elsewhere, I'd venture to say AI can do a large bit of programming, and given enough data reviewed, yeah even legacy languages.

Try asking chatgpt to write some code and given the right specific prompts it may surprise you (and that's not the most powerful out there and you can train specific models with other AI systems with more specific and up to date data sets). That said, it won't be perfect code yet, but definitely will be a good starting point.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Please name a few skill sets that AI and automation cannot do?

I guarantee most of us are training our replacements in some way or another, most do not know it…
    Not to worried on my end. I don't see robots driving a car, putting on a rack, removing a transmission, tearing it down, ordering parts, cleaning parts, reassembling the transmission, or reinstalling the transmission anytime in the near future

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nucs may still need to be feared when the computers take over for the human interface.
    97DF629E-F65A-478F-95AA-8186CBE4EB96.gif

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We the awake need to awaken the sheeple in the “present moment” “to take care of the future”.

Are there not a lot if Paul Revere posts on INGO? Didn’t he use the “present moment” “to take care of the future”?
    Neither approach: sticking head in sand or jousting at windmills or yelling the sky is falling is going to be the correct approach here.

Educating, staying informed and influencing will be the way to go on this.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not to worried on my end. I don't see robots driving a car, putting on a rack, removing a transmission, tearing it down, ordering parts, cleaning parts, reassembling the transmission, or reinstalling the transmission anytime in the near future
    If they continue down the road we are on all that will not even exist. ICE will be gone. The elites will have computer driven cars, the rest of us will travel on public transportation and it all will be built, maintained and repaired by AI computers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If they continue down the road we are on all that will not even exist. ICE will be gone. The elites will have computer driven cars, the rest of us will travel on public transportation and it all will be built, maintained and repaired by AI computers.
    Electric vehicles, either the elites vehicles or the public transportation, I bet will still require a human touch to work on

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Agree, will be more programming for control rather than true intelligence.
    It's a computer, it does exactly what it's programmed to do based on the massive amount of data that it is provided....or intentionally NOT provided. And any real 'intelligence' would rationalize that the database is one sided. An old professor would always say about computers; garbage in, garbage out. But many will be deceived.
    The database can be the entire internet or can be a very focused data set, and these systems can actually learn.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom