• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    I was up at Freedom Firearms the other day perusing their overpriced firearms seeing if anything rare was in their shop. Saw they had a 91/30 common model $200 price tag on it i started to chuckle....i on that not was going to head out. Then looking in a back case i saw hidden down on the bottom was this odd sort of pistol. It was a Henry Mares Leg in .22cal. I have wanted one of these little babies for a long while with a 330$ price tag on it wasnt to bad. So week later it came to payday i went in and bought that little leg. Took it to their range since i was there and they give you a free range pass to go in, i put up a .30cent silhouette target at 15 yards took aim and fired my first round(using Winchester 36 grain HPs) i shot and looked dumbly at it. I thought i missed i couldn't see a hole. they guy next to me yells "did you miss?" I pulled the target back in, and wouldn't you know it dead center of the target on the X. they guy as well as I were astonished this little lever action pistol was accurate specially on a cold shot. I knocked off the other 9 then i had about 90 more rounds with me so i put up a fresh target and as you can see from the photo this pistol isnt half bad :) i love this thing so much im thinking of dropping the 100$ on a leg holster and OCing it for a while. more accurate than my revolver and 10 fold more accurate than my glock. ok ill stop talking here are the pictures.

IMG_20120806_163848.jpg

IMG_20120806_162946.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Great deal, I have been thinking of getting a Mare's leg as well. Was not sure what caliber to get, although since it would only be a range firearm, probably a 22. Looks great, and shoots awesome from what I can see.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Don't know what it is about that rifle that is so appealing, but it is!!! Nice to see it shoots as nicely as it looks! ENJOY!!!

Now I want one! :D

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Man, I was just looking at the Serenity/Firefly weapons from IMFDB and really love this thing. Good score and good shooting!

Also used by Tallahassee in Zombieland and various times in The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr, if I remember right.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Hehe I initially clicked on the thread just because of the title.

Definitely a cool piece there. If you get the holster, I want pics of it being carried out and about!:rockwoot:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If those are the groups you are saying are better than your glock at 15 yards, then you just need some practice. At 15 yards most of the rounds from my glock go in the same hole.

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    What's the length of pull on a .22 Mare's Leg?
    Can you shoulder it for a steadier hold?

no its far to short to shoulder it, but you put up to your cheek like you normally would to site it and with it being a .22 there is no kick and you hit like a fullsized rifle.

ganderslander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Doesnt look like a Henry looks like a replica Meres leg, the henry doesnt have a recoil pad & also has a crescent butt stock & I'd say your Glock isnt right for you if you cant make all the holes touch at 15!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Doesnt look like a Henry looks like a replica Meres leg, the henry doesnt have a recoil pad & also has a crescent butt stock & I'd say your Glock isnt right for you if you cant make all the holes touch at 15!

It's a matter of scale, this isn't a full-size silhouette look at his hand/thumb in relation to the groups, it actually is pretty good shooting for an unconventional firearm like this. Show us a target of this bullseye capable glock you have at 15 yards.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It's a matter of scale, this isn't a full-size silhouette look at his hand/thumb in relation to the groups, it actually is pretty good shooting for an unconventional firearm like this. Show us a target of this bullseye capable glock you have at 15 yards.

I'm smelling a whiff of the old :bs: here.

I don't doubt that there are shooters who can do that with a Glock. What I doubt is that Joe Average shooter is expected to do that at 15 yards or throw the Glock away (though that might be a good idea on general principal).

Anyway, I have a Rossi .357 Mare's Leg and I like it. It's not as accurate as I would like, but it's a hoot to fire at the range. It definitely gets some jealous looks from the other shooters.

Top Bottom