Air compressor inline moisture trap direction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Picked up a nice little Badger airbrush, and a little 2 gallon compressor and tank.

Also got this handy little inline moisture trap: Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 4.24.27 PM.png from Lowes. (extra drops of moisture in paint being airbrushed is BAD!).

Being a guy, I'm not inclined to read directions right away ... but i figured airflow direction probably mattered, so I searched the blister pack it came in for directions... they were incredibly NON-existent. Searched the product page on the Lowes website... no info there either...

Not being the sharpest tool in the shed, I considered - and quickly discarded - the idea of sacrificing a goat and praying to the tool gods for a sign... Figured the neighbors would complain about the smoke and open fire from the sacrifice....

Got an idea, and I began searching the filter itself, in hopes that there would be a nice little air-flow direction arrow, an In or Out marked...

No such luck.

Best I can guess is that the blue end goes toward the tool, and the little clear end toward the compressor.

Since I don't want to break out the goat and fire, is anyone else experienced in the ways of air-flow and moisture traps (not including your shorts after eating a burrito :rolleyes:)?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not mount, but attaches with the length oriented vertically. We bought one (came in a plastic tube I think) but in fairly certain there was an arrow on the metal to show airflow.

we had to Teflon tape everything since it had a small leak and wouldn't allow compressor to build pressure. Air kept escaping through the moisture drain.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Silver end leads into the "membrane"

Blue end is blunt inside, with holes leading to the outer part of the chamber. If water collects in the chamber, it could potentially pass through the blue end into the line.

Silver end probably goes to the brush ("out")?

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Picked up a nice little Badger airbrush, and a little 2 gallon compressor and tank.

Also got this handy little inline moisture trap: View attachment 29284 from Lowes. (extra drops of moisture in paint being airbrushed is BAD!).

Being a guy, I'm not inclined to read directions right away ... but i figured airflow direction probably mattered, so I searched the blister pack it came in for directions... they were incredibly NON-existent. Searched the product page on the Lowes website... no info there either...

Not being the sharpest tool in the shed, I considered - and quickly discarded - the idea of sacrificing a goat and praying to the tool gods for a sign... Figured the neighbors would complain about the smoke and open fire from the sacrifice....

Got an idea, and I began searching the filter itself, in hopes that there would be a nice little air-flow direction arrow, an In or Out marked...

No such luck.

Best I can guess is that the blue end goes toward the tool, and the little clear end toward the compressor.

Since I don't want to break out the goat and fire, is anyone else experienced in the ways of air-flow and moisture traps (not including your shorts after eating a burrito :rolleyes:)?

Blue side (inlet).....go' toward the tank......other end(outlet) is where you hose(s) go..........

An' should go inline after yer pressure regulator ......ought'a be the last thing b'fore whutever yer hook'n up.....(cupgun.....hvlp, whutever.....air-ratchet***etc....)

Oh......don't eat burrit'as.......looks too much like whut I see in'a port-a-can.......no thanks....:):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom