• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    One of my favorite pass times is plinking at cans and the occasional chipmunk while sitting on my deck in Michigan. I use a Gamo .177 pellet gun. This is a powerful single pump rifle that is surprisingly accurate. I purchased it at Wally world about 7 years ago and it has never failed. A couple of months ago I decided to do something about the long, hard, notchy trigger pull. I found this site CharlieDaTuna offers NPSS, NP, CBR, GTX-III, GRT-III, GRT-4G triggers and decided to give it a try. Only $33, but the seller prefers to deal in cash only. Well, he is honest! I received my trigger a week later and installed it according to the instructions on the website. Took all of 15 minutes! What a remarkable difference! I have several friends with similar air rifles and they are asking that I upgrade theirs as well! This trigger transformed a fun plinker into a very accurate, easy, smooth, deadly (for chipmunks!) gun. Now if summer would just return, I would love to head out on the deck with a cup of coffee and a "tin" of pellets for a couple of hours.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have 2 Air Rifles I really like...one is a Benjamin Discovery precharged in 22 caliber, I purchased it with the high pressure pump, no co2's to buy. After about 20 shots you just pump it back up to the recommended 2,000 psi.
    The other is a RWS mdl 48 side lever in .25 caliber.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have a Gamo Shadow 1000 and RWS 45. I put the GRT III trigger in the Gamo and it made all the difference. One good thing about air rifles is you can shoot in your basement during bad weather.

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks for the link.
    I am looking into getting at least one of these.....

Cherrythief

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    There's some nice m&p model pellet guns at walmart now for about $60, look and feel exactly like the real deal.

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    These guns have lots of advantages over powder fueled guns.
    1. they are a lot quieter. I have shot inside the house (basement) using a heavy tarp to stop the pellet. I have also shot from my dining room table through an open window into the yard.
    2. Nice teaching tool for my grand kids. Virtually no recoil, low noise, and still get to see the result makes this fun for them.
    3. Very little recoil. Even adults who don't care for firearms seem to enjoy shooting them.

The disadvantages: No noise, no recoil, less firepower (usually)

Top Bottom