• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I really didn't know what to try first, but I figured they'd give me plenty of plinking practice just to get used to the rifle.
    I too started with the Crosman pellets. They are great for plinking and break in. Your air rifle might group very well with them. I found that my rifle liked H&N Terminator. Every air rifle is different in how it shoots with different pellets, kinda like .22LR cartridge rifles. Each shooter has his/ her different accuracy standards, too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I too started with the Crosman pellets. They are great for plinking and break in. Your air rifle might group very well with them. I found that my rifle liked H&N Terminator. Every air rifle is different in how it shoots with different pellets, kinda like .22LR cartridge rifles. Each shooter has his/ her different accuracy standards, too.

It'll be a challenge to hit the chipmunks for sure, so I'll need to find something it likes. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the Crossman pellets. I'll be shooting from my deck out to between 20 and 30 yards. They live out around/under my shed I think.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I have one less chipmunk to shoot. I just noticed my old dog walking around with one in her mouth. I have a feeling the cat got it though. The dog's not quick enough to catch one anymore. Chipmunk must have wandered up by the patio where the cat's been hanging out. Good kitty! :)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I'm 2 for 2 on starlings today with the hatsan. My expectations weren't very high but I'm impressed. At 19 yards I had a 4 shot ragged hole with hatsan 14.66gr pellets.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I spent a bit of time checking my Sig for zero today. It has a Romeo dot on it and from my position on the deck to the kill zone is exactly 15 yards.
    Half dollar sized groups no rest. Sitting in the deck chair (rocker) into a shaded area. Not bad for this rifle. It is a semi-auto mag fed gas operated piece. It is a serious hoot to shoot it.

:postpics:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I blame you airgun people for this. Yesterday two little birds started filling up the grill on my truck. Yesterday, I cleaned it all out and moved the truck. This morning I dug out the old crossman 760. It’s a classic, and did the trick.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I loved my old Crossman 760! Had one as a kid, plus another Crossman in .22. Not sure the model number of the .22 but it looked similar to a Benjamin - big and chunky.

ETA: Now that I think about it, the .22 might not have been a Crossman. Been 50 years ago and I've slept since then. :):

ETA 2: Looks like it might have been a 120.
    DSCN1433.jpg

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I had a 760 that killed more birds and frogs than I could count when I was in middle school.

The hatsan is Killin it today literally. Freekforge 6 birds 1. It's a bit gruesome with head shots.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It'll be a challenge to hit the chipmunks for sure, so I'll need to find something it likes. Hopefully I'll get lucky with the Crossman pellets. I'll be shooting from my deck out to between 20 and 30 yards. They live out around/under my shed I think.
    I had to play with the adjustments on the trigger of my Benjamin Mayhem. It took a while, but I finally came up with a decent pull without much creep. Those little critters will take some accuracy and trigger control to dispatch at 20 yards. Looks like you have something to keep you occupied for quite some time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had to play with the adjustments on the trigger of my Benjamin Mayhem. It took a while, but I finally came up with a decent pull without much creep. Those little critters will take some accuracy and trigger control to dispatch at 20 yards. Looks like you have something to keep you occupied for quite some time.

Yeah this one has an adjustable trigger too (both 1st and 2nd stage) so I'll probably be playing around with that. Way fancier than what I'm used to! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Go big or go home :):

[video=youtube_share;_b2kMyMLEBA]https://youtu.be/_b2kMyMLEBA[/video]

I so want this. I think it would handle a chipmunk with no problem. :yesway: :):

My only concern would be shooting out the foundation to my shed, since that's where they're hanging out!

WGlc8VQ.jpg

ETA: That little "cubby hole" is where I plan on setting my targets for my "real" pellet gun. That's what I used to do as a kid with my .22. :):

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    As mentioned in the video, you could also use .45 Cal round balls, they probably don't hit quite as hard as the cast bullets.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As mentioned in the video, you could also use .45 Cal round balls, they probably don't hit quite as hard as the cast bullets. 樂

I once shot out the window on the right side of that shed with my bb gun (Crossman 760) when I was a kid. Naturally I'm literally a little "gun shy" when it comes to the shed! Dad's ghost might come back and whup my butt! :):

Top Bottom