• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I know this is firearms, but aside from there being no fire, airguns are still arms ;)

Can anyone recommend me a semi-decent air rifle? The UK is actually a really great place to buy "pop guns" - pneumatic, spring, etc. but the US seems to be a bit sparse - not surprising really since you can buy "real" guns pretty easily.

However I miss being able to plink VERY cheaply... :)

Walmart/Meijer sell some air rifles which seem OK, but I reckon there has to be more.

Anyone got any thoughts?

I know this is kinda off topic, so feel free to move it to the Break Room. :ar15:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    $200 max I'd say. Sneak it past the wife :P

I used to have an Air Arms S400, and an Air Arms TX200 MK3. Sold them both and regretted it.

Also owned an HW77. That was nice, but again, sold and regretted.

Career 707, and a few others including a 1911 Co2 pistol.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    $200 max I'd say. Sneak it past the wife :P

I used to have an Air Arms S400, and an Air Arms TX200 MK3. Sold them both and regretted it.

Also owned an HW77. That was nice, but again, sold and regretted.

Career 707, and a few others including a 1911 Co2 pistol.

Not to rub salt in a wound ... WOW you had some nice Air Rifles!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Not to rub salt in a wound ... WOW you had some nice Air Rifles!

Thanks :( I loved my S400. Modified it with the longer air cylinder (more shots), longer barrel, polished bolt, mainspring was shortened for easier cocking - was going to get it regulated at one point too but never got around to it. Damn I miss that gun.

I hate to say it but Britain and Europe dominated the world when it comes to quality air rifles - probably out of necessity.

$500+ just seems a waste to drop on an air rifle when that money could buy me a decent powder burner and a scope too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The market here, Nap, views an air gun as a kid's toy.

$500 USD will get you a Ruger 10/22, a decent optic, more mags and ammo.

Perhaps you have stumbled into a market niche. "Big Nap's House of Air Guns"?:D

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Kirk... :D

Hey you never know ;) Although I may should stay away from the van with curtains in the windows that says: Big Nap's Free Kittens.</Purple>

:p

I also have to find out if i'm legal to even fire an air rifle in the back yard here. There's some weird town ordinances.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    If you want to buy something with no shipping, and reasonable, I think Wally World had the Ruger, (Name Only), for under a $100. It's a really decent gun at 1000fps, and it should give you long hours of fun.

A couple of years ago, one of my distributors had the Hammerli/Titan for around $89 dealer, so I took a chance and picked one up. Geez, the scope was already boresighted perfect, and factory mounted, so all you had to do was set it in place and tighten mounting screws.

I can whack anything in my 1 ac. yard out the picture window, with quiet devastating results. The little destructive chipmunks don't spend too much time in my yard.

Wish I'd bought two.:(

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Went to Meijer, They had the $100 Ruger "combo" with a cheapo scope for $129.99.

One of the boxes was open and sans scope - said to the drone at the firearms checkout:
    "This has been opened, and there's no scope... ... can you do me a discount on it, since I don't really need the scope?"
    "No I'm sorry we just send it back to the distributor"
    "So you can't knock anything off, at all?"
    *Shakes head*

Even tried the same with a $30 Daisy-style underlever BB gun... same deal.

Gah.

Wallyworld it is I guess - just have to find out if S'ville let you shootairguns in the back yard.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got the Gamo with the suppressor in .22. Should be able to demise some varmints. I'm going to set up a nice backstop for targets for various non-firearms; pellet rifle, bb's, arrows, slingshot, whatnot. Weather's getting nice enough to do it.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    OP,
    I'd look at what Pyramyn Air has to offer that is in your price range. PA has a great service dept and can help you out if you want mods to your rifle or just need a tune up. I currently have a Weihrauch HW77 from PA and an FX Royal 400 from Precision Airguns & Supply. I get most of my supplies from Pyramyd Air or from Jim at Precision Airguns & Supply in Dryden, Michigan. Sure is cheaper than "powder burners" and no gun clenaing. I still savor a day in the backyard with my Ed Brown ET though...
    fxroyale4006.jpg

weihrauchhw77.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom