Uranus
    a07b0073cd6f7d861b5b9cf92a5cb33c_w200.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    United Airlines is going to be paying out a lot of money. Then they will go after P&W.
    Depends. I work in an aircraft shop. Actually making stuff for Boeing last week and next. They’ll do a lot of investigating to determine if it was a manufacturer issue or maintenance issue. Being a 26 year old plane there’s parts that should have been replaced, and if that’s found to have been skipped they’ll be in deep ****. Any fly parts have documentation and inspections out the ass

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Was a jet engine tech for my first 14 years in the USAF. Liked working on GE engines. Didn't like working on P&W engines. Just different design details (like Ford vs VW). Also worked Garrett Aux Power Units. Did everything from in-shop tear-down/build-up, to test cell, to flightline maintenance and engine runs.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    This exact scenario is trained for by airline pilots in a simulator every 6-12 months.

Hope the crew had a nice cold beer or three...after their mandatory DOT drug test.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Depends. I work in an aircraft shop. Actually making stuff for Boeing last week and next. They’ll do a lot of investigating to determine if it was a manufacturer issue or maintenance issue. Being a 26 year old plane there’s parts that should have been replaced, and if that’s found to have been skipped they’ll be in deep ****. Any fly parts have documentation and inspections out the ass
    This will be tracked all the way back to the mill that made the initial materials. The documentation is incredible. Every step will be scrutinized.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yep, my pappy told me to never get higher than pickin corn nor lower than diggin taters.
    I've been on a plane that had a major mishap with an engine.
    Trays to go in the upright position so you can kiss your arse good bye.

Top Bottom