• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who's the a-hole?

• You're totally the a-hole.

Votes: 9 27.3%
    • Serves them right. No pancakes for you!

Votes: 13 39.4%
    • At least you had bacon.

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I’ll add… my oldest daughter and her husband were still in bed. Their house, I’m not waking them up. Anyway, I saw my wife with another piece of bacon and I told her to put it back because that’s for our daughter and SIL when they get up. This was after I threw the pancakes away. That was probably a dick move on my part.

I thought about eating some pancakes and using all the syrup, but since it isn’t my house I would feel bad being the one who used up all their syrup and not replacing it.

But by the poll numbers, it appears that less than 25% think I’m an a-hole, and that’s a number I can live with. I thought for sure it would be higher.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’ll add… my oldest daughter and her husband were still in bed. Their house, I’m not waking them up. Anyway, I saw my wife with another piece of bacon and I told her to put it back because that’s for our daughter and SIL when they get up. This was after I threw the pancakes away. That was probably a dick move on my part.

I thought about eating some pancakes and using all the syrup, but since it isn’t my house I would feel bad being the one who used up all their syrup and not replacing it.

But by the poll numbers, it appears that less than 25% think I’m an a-hole, and that’s a number I can live with. I thought for sure it would be higher.
    Holy smokies you went all in and upset marital bliss.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I'm mixed on this. You have a right to be mad. When my dad asks me to do something, I do it, however you lost me by throwing away the pancakes. Maybe it's because of the way my mom raised me (who was homeless and knew what it was like to be hungry growing up) or me researching preparedness, but I hate seeing food wasted needlessly or to prove a point. Taking the pancakes for yourself would have been justified in my book, however. And yeah, it bugs me to no end when people don't put down their damn phones to acknowledge you.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If you have brown sugar, butter and water you can make your own syrup.

Ingredients​

• ▢2 cups brown sugar
    • ▢1 cup water
    • ▢½ cup butter
    • ▢Optional: ¼ teaspoon vanilla or maple extract

Instructions​

• Combine the sugar and water in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Lower the heat to medium and allow the mixture to boil for 4 minutes.
    • Add the butter and stir until the butter has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the extract if desired.
    • Let the syrup cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a pitcher or jar for storage. Serve immediately or store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a month.

Lpherr

Occupied
    If you have brown sugar, butter and water you can make your own syrup.

Ingredients​

• ▢2 cups brown sugar
    • ▢1 cup water
    • ▢½ cup butter
    • ▢Optional: ¼ teaspoon vanilla or maple extract

Instructions​

• Combine the sugar and water in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Lower the heat to medium and allow the mixture to boil for 4 minutes.
    • Add the butter and stir until the butter has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the extract if desired.
    • Let the syrup cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a pitcher or jar for storage. Serve immediately or store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a month.
    That isn't syrup, it's sugar water. Not even the commercial stuff either.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Always, ALWAYS have enough of the real thing on hand. You would have been doing them a disservice to make them eat pancakes with crap store syrup. You did the only logical thing: no real maple syrup = pancakes not worth eating.

I would have fed them to the chickens, though.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    If you have to ask AITA, then the answer is yes. The important question is were you justified? I say yes with a you could have handled it better.

Top Bottom