• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Anyone have any hands-on experience with Pod Arms .223 followers, for better or worse? I snagged a few to test out but haven't had a chance to get to the range yet. These things replace the followers in 5.45 mags, to give you more access to the plethora of AK-74 mags for your 5.56/.223 AK. I'm kinda digging the look of old bakelite and plum in a new Beryl.

View attachment 231922
    View attachment 231923
    I haven't personally heard any complaints aside from one dude with a 45 round Molot mag.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Bought this today. Grabbing a Childers receiver next week. Barrel from AK builders
    View attachment 231930

Very nice, Romanian stuff gets a bad rap but their early AKM production up until the late 70s or so was of very high quality.

I just dropped off two Romanian M65 kits (1970 and 1978) at Armory 219 last weekend to have built. Very much looking forward to getting them back in a few months. They had some of their builds on display that looked amazing.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Very nice, Romanian stuff gets a bad rap but their early AKM production up until the late 70s or so was of very high quality.

I just dropped off two Romanian M65 kits (1970 and 1978) at Armory 219 last weekend to have built. Very much looking forward to getting them back in a few months. They had some of their builds on display that looked amazing.
    Did you get your kits from Centerfire?

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Did you get your kits from Centerfire?

I got the 70 kit from Centerfire and the 78 kit from Atlantic. The 70 kit was very lightly used and cleanly demilled. I love the milled underfolding stocks on the early Romanians. I think you will be pleased.

On a side note if you haven't ordered the barrel yet I would hold off until you get the kit. In the off chance you get an oversized front trunnion.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I got the 70 kit from Centerfire and the 78 kit from Atlantic. The 70 kit was very lightly used and cleanly demilled. I love the milled underfolding stocks on the early Romanians. I think you will be pleased.

On a side note if you haven't ordered the barrel yet I would hold off until you get the kit. In the off chance you get an oversized front trunnion.
    Yep, haven't ordered yet till I put a mic on that front trunnion. Should have the kit this week. Did you 70 kit take a standard journal?

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Yep, haven't ordered yet till I put a mic on that front trunnion. Should have the kit this week. Did you 70 kit take a standard journal?

Nice

Hope you get a good one!

Eta: Yes the 70 kit was standard size and will get a Romanian NOS barrel.

Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham

Do you have any experience with those folks? This was the first I've heard of them. Really interested to hear how things turn out. And it would be rad if they joined INGO - we can definitely use a bit more AK love around here.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Not real thrilled with the '70 kit I got from Centerfire. I paid for good bluing and numbers matching. The checklist sheet in the bag said the same. When you tell me good bluing I don't expect whole sections to not have any bluing left. The whole gas tube and retainers are silver. And to top it all off my upper handguard is split from front to back. They specifically said in their video of these kits that the "premium" kit wouldn't have cracks in the handguard.
    20221025_193657.jpg

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Do you have any experience with those folks? This was the first I've heard of them. Really interested to hear how things turn out. And it would be rad if they joined INGO - we can definitely use a bit more AK love around here.

Nope, just feedback from other forums that the builder is very talented. Guy does rewelds and Galils too they said. He builds from Recreator blanks that he provides. Its a nice little shop he has, lots of AKs and other goodies.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Not real thrilled with the '70 kit I got from Centerfire. I paid for good bluing and numbers matching. The checklist sheet in the bag said the same. When you tell me good bluing I don't expect whole sections to not have any bluing left. The whole gas tube and retainers are silver. And to top it all off my upper handguard is split from front to back. They specifically said in their video of these kits that the "premium" kit wouldn't have cracks in the handguard.
    View attachment 232762

Yeah thats pretty bad. I've had issues with some of my orders from Centerfire and they always made it right with a refund or exchange. Shoot them an email and see what they say.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Nope, just feedback from other forums that the builder is very talented. Guy does rewelds and Galils too they said. He builds from Recreator blanks that he provides. Its a nice little shop he has, lots of AKs and other goodies.

Keep us posted. I have two kits that need to come together at some point.

Does the shop sell any builds? The website is definitely full of drop-ship items, but if they have a decent assortment outside of the typical gun shop Zastava USA and Century stuff, it might be worth a drive up there. Their in-house photographer does a great job - IG page looks really nice.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Keep us posted. I have two kits that need to come together at some point.

Does the shop sell any builds? The website is definitely full of drop-ship items, but if they have a decent assortment outside of the typical gun shop Zastava USA and Century stuff, it might be worth a drive up there. Their in-house photographer does a great job - IG page looks really nice.

Yeah ill post em up when they are done.

They had two Romanian M63s and a Russian Krinkov that were in house builds. Some milled Arsenal rifles. There were other AKs but those are the ones that stood out.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yeah thats pretty bad. I've had issues with some of my orders from Centerfire and they always made it right with a refund or exchange. Shoot them an email and see what they say.
    I sent them an email. They responded this morning apologizing. They offered a replacement kit. I told them the rest of the kit looked great. The bolt and carrier have hardly any wear at all. And the folder has strong bluing too. Detent is nice and tight. Hate to jeopardize getting a different kit for a better gas tube and handguard just to get a kit with more wear other places. I asked if they'd take the gas tube with handguard back and send me one from another kit that's a tad better bluing and non cracked wood. The gas tube numbers don't match the bolt, carrier and trunnion so getting another is fine with me as long as it's period correct surplus. We'll see what they say

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A guntuber video which actually enshrines the "I'd buy it if it was in a different caliber" maxim! Frickin' hysterical.

This reason alone is why ZA would be retarded to import it. People will always want "a different caliber" no matter if ZA had SKUs in all the calibers of Wikipedia.
    So you are saying you would not buy this rifle if it got imported?
    I love both the 7.62x39mm and 6.5 Grendel.
    This rifle could effectively take care of both in about 15 seconds.
    If they are as tough, and reliable as the AK and as accurate as the AR :spend:

Top Bottom