Mar 28, 2011
    INGONFA2013_27.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    ^ That's really making me think about trading off my Vector underfolder and building an M92 SBR out of one of these Yugo PAP pistols while they're still readily available :drool:

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    Just so you know a bump is not a quality post and is not going to get you into the classifieds any quicker...if that's what you are here for, thanks for wasting my time thinking someone posted something I would actually want to look at, its a sticky thread it doesn't need to be bumped!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    SGL21 w/ Izhmash grip & bayonet and SGL31 w/ PK01V

SAR-1 with US Palm mag / grip, Krebs brake, Romy G forearm, and push button wire folder

Vector ((11)) underfolder with Aimpoint T1 / Larue LT661 and Surefire M600 Scout in a Haley Thorntail mount.

My first receiver flat build. Polish WZ88 kit with original barrel, and some bakelite goodies for good measure.

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Built it with a friends help. It was a lot of fun and turned really nice. Still need to coat the receiver with something, but not sure what. Heat treated it with a torch, and used some old oil from a diesel for the bath. The receiver really soaked up the carbon, giving it a somewhat blued appearance.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    a lot of guys are using appliance paint and baking it in the oven for a quick/easy/VERY durable finish that actually does a pretty good job of matching most painted finishes. I think its made by Rustoleum, and most hardware stores have it. I know menards does. A local friend did this on a couple of rifles and it looked awesome.

Ive also had good luck with some low gloss engine paint. I would have to look up the brand but after baking it matches factory saiga paint perfectly.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I hadn't thought of appliance paint, but that's a good idea. The factory finish is a bit glossy for an AK (in comparison to the Russian stuff I own), and I bet that would match pretty well. Being 5.45, I wanted something pretty solvent resistant because I mostly shoot corrosive mil-surplus ammo.

Top Bottom