• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'm a fan of both traditional and non traditional modernized AKs, and I gotta say that WASR looks way better updated.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I'm a fan of both traditional and non traditional modernized AKs, and I gotta say that WASR looks way better updated.

Thanks Nick....I think it turned out great and as I envisioned!

What I wanted was better sights/sighting system and a way to mount a light. The UltimAK worked perfect to achieve this. It allowed me to mount a small red dot to be able to co-witness with the irons and provided a way to mount the light. I wanted irons that I would be able to see without wearing glasses, and the XS Big Dots fill this role for me nicely if the red dot goes down. The Arsenal furniture gives it that updated look while still being somewhat traditional. The Krebs safety lever adds bolt hold ability and a way to engage/disengage while keeping the hand on the grip.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    N-Pap
    -Ace receiver block
    -Ace pig nose AR adapter
    -6 position commercial buffer tube
    -MOE stock
    -Hogue grip and handguards
    -Magpul light mount
    -Streamlight Protac 2L
    -Magpul AK PMAG

attachment.php

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Damn Mike. Love the keymod :yesway:

How's the PWS comp working for you? I've had one for 6 months and have to actually use it

I just put it on the other day. It is the FSC 556 that I drilled out so the 7.62 will have plenty of room. My Maadi had the threads turned down, and I re-threaded it to 1/2 x 28tpi. Not many good comps out there in that size so I modified it. :cool:

Hope to get out with it tomorrow, even if just to put a few rounds through it.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    My purist AK friend would definitely not approve, but damn that is one sexy AK :yesway:

How does the Fortis AFG feel on an AK?

Feels better to me than the Magpul AFG did, don't know if I'll leave it on here or not yet. I liked the way the BCM Keymod grip felt a little bit better.

Top Bottom