• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    The AFG actually looks right at home on there, doesn't it? I have one on one of my AR's, and the more I use it the more I like it.

I'm interestd in your feedback on the AK, since the grip is a bit closer to your body than the traditional grip technique the magpul guys shoot (support arm more or less straight).

I had to play with mine a bit on my AR to find a comfortable spot that was closer than the fully extended support arm (my rail wasn't long enough) and all the way up against the delta ring, which seemed too close.

newbie question: What is AFG, is that a bipod of some sort? Thanks!

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    Here's my first build from almost 7 years ago. It is a Bulgarian AK74 with a NATO length stock and some added accessories.

DSCF0179.JPG

That is sweetness itself. This is almost exactly what I'm looking for / looking to put together. Love it, very similar taste!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    newbie question: What is AFG, is that a bipod of some sort? Thanks!

AFG is the Magpul Angled Forward grip. You see them mostly on AR's, but also on the AK's with fore-end rails, and on some other rifles with rails.

AFG™ - Angled Fore Grip - AFG1™ - Angled Fore Grip

The idea is a bit more ergonomic and wrist friendly grip on the front of the rifle, and ideally in Magpul's mind...adoption of the "Magpul Grip" style by shooters of all skill levels.

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    Classic Beauty from Indy

First show and first purchased rifle. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of aks in general there, but I decided to go ahead and pick this one up because of the sheer quality, could feel the difference just in pulling back the bolt. I was really after something to make tactical, but fell in love with this Polish milled beauty. After failing to find decent stuff to make her tactical, I've just given up trying... besides, I'm just not sure I can bring myself to change her. In case someone asks, I can't find very many parts for milled... even my hogue grip doesn't want to fit correctly. So, I might just have to save up and buy a different one for going tactical.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mosin91...52264715645138

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    My Bulgarian AK 74. It's from Century (:n00b:) but it's straight so I took the gamble. I won! No keyholes out to 100m with surplus ammo, so it's a keeper. Refinished a wood stock kit from Apex, and I'm really liking her!

DSCF0473.jpg

:ingo:

Top Bottom