• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Finally got the NPZ PO-4x24mm and a nato length stock that isn't garbage.

1zmo8xw.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Here's my WASR. I don't like the crappy furniture on it, and I'm too damn lazy to change it out, so I got spray paint and put a camo job on it. I'll buy others to put accessories on.:D
    002.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Just came home with this on an impluse buy! I've been thinking about getting a Draco to SBR, but this one was a pretty good deal, so we'll see how it works out. It's an ITM reciever put together by Wise Lite Arms in Texas. gotta get some cheap ammo and mags and see how she performs!

GunPics022-1.jpg

GunPics021-2.jpg

Doug K

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    AK74

AK74 Polish Tantal w/ Bakelite goodness: (bayonet not pic'd)

P4090037.jpg

AK74 with the big bore sisters, Bulgy SLR-95 and a Yugo M70AB2:

p4090038.jpg

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Tell me more about it, what handguard/rail is that, what did you use to legthen the barrel etc. Good start so far! :yesway:

Thanks!
    The rail is an UltiMak. The top is an M1-B that I shortened to match the Draco's shorter gas system, and the bottom is an ACR2-SS that I had to modify with a couple threaded holes also. The ACR2-SC bottom rail is a little shorter and will fit without mods but I wanted it longer to shield the whole gas block.
    The 2" barrel extension and the 74 brake are from cncwarrior. The stock is from DPH Arms. I also have an ACE folding hinge but it's not in the pic, the buttstock is just laying behind the Draco in the pic (unattached) since I don't have the barrel extension and brake pinned/welded on yet. I'm waiting on a conical AIMR flash suppressor to arrive before making it permanent, I want to see which I like better first. Then I can drill and tap for the buttstock.

Oh yeah the grip is an AK-BG by US Palm.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was afraid of it being an Ultimac. They look awesome, but they are so dang expensive! Good luck with the build and keep us posted.

P.S. I usually hate tactical AKs but those full length rails on short barrels just do somethin for me.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks!
    The rail is an UltiMak. The top is an M1-B that I shortened to match the Draco's shorter gas system, and the bottom is an ACR2-SS that I had to modify with a couple threaded holes also. The ACR2-SC bottom rail is a little shorter and will fit without mods but I wanted it longer to shield the whole gas block.
    The 2" barrel extension and the 74 brake are from cncwarrior. The stock is from DPH Arms. I also have an ACE folding hinge but it's not in the pic, the buttstock is just laying behind the Draco in the pic (unattached) since I don't have the barrel extension and brake pinned/welded on yet. I'm waiting on a conical AIMR flash suppressor to arrive before making it permanent, I want to see which I like better first. Then I can drill and tap for the buttstock.

Oh yeah the grip is an AK-BG by US Palm.

That looks great. Any NFA issues since it was originally a pistol?

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I was afraid of it being an Ultimac. They look awesome, but they are so dang expensive! Good luck with the build and keep us posted.

P.S. I usually hate tactical AKs but those full length rails on short barrels just do somethin for me.

Bubba'd AKs make me feel ill also, I'm trying to keep this one useful but still tasteful. All of my other AKs are pretty simple and still look like AKs.
    I'd originally planned to send in a Form 1 and keep the barrel short, but I decided to just extend the barrel instead.

That looks great. Any NFA issues since it was originally a pistol?

None. As long as the barrel is permanently extended to >16" before attaching a buttstock, it's not restricted by the NFA at all. My understanding is that once it's a rifle it can never be a pistol again though.

not as long as those barrel extensions are pinned/welded, and make the barrel 16" long.

Correct!

Nice! I'm thinking about doing one of these now as well. :yesway:

Thanks! Turns out it would be quite a bit cheaper to just buy a rifle, but I'm a sucker for a project. :)

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Here's my Yugo M70AB2 Underfolding AK-47.

Before, as I first received it.

1001699p.jpg

After adding some walnut stained and Tru-Oil refinished yugo wood handguards, ak-74 style muzzlebrake, and a surplus H&K G3 sling.

1001746h.jpg

1001747a.jpg

The flash is making the wood look orangish, but it's actually a little darker and redder looking.

1001751n.jpg

I have to say I'm impressed with how the Tru-Oil worked. And this is my first time ever refinishing any wood :rockwoot:

Top Bottom